Author Topic: Mini Bus or Taxi to Arillas  (Read 5996 times)

Offline Ian C

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Mini Bus or Taxi to Arillas
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:20:32 AM »
I know August is a long time off yet, but are there any mini buses that will take me direct from Corfu airport to Arillas? there will be seven of us. Or would a couple of taxis be a better option?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Mini Bus or Taxi to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 02:31:35 AM »
Ian, I suggest you conatct the taxi link on this website (Taxi to Arillas on the left hand side) and they can organise you a minibus. This is Noula at San Stefanos travel and she organises a 100% reliable taxi transfer....contact her nearer the time with your flight details and she will sort you out. Much better than picking up cabs at the airport, which will always charge you more.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:02:29 AM »
You beat me to it Sandy luvver! Noula will also fill up the transport and reduce the cost if she can and you are willing to share. We got a 25 euro trip in a minibus from airport to Arillas when we were added to the main hirers. Their cost was also 25 euros less than expected. You can book it from this website. We always do.

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 08:14:42 AM »
Hi Ian,

Throughout the season, for our guests, we always use the minibus service provided by the local Arillas travel office Arkokal.  They offer an excellent and reliable service.

The price for 6 passengers one way is generally 75 euros give or take a few euros which is cheaper than two taxis which costs our guests 45 euros per taxi.

Bear in mind that fuel prices have risen by 20% this year and the increase is likely to be passed onto fares. 

You can find their contact details on their website here.... Arkokal

Eileen.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:43:05 AM »
Thanks for this information, Phil and Eileen - this will be a great help for our Sept/Oct trip

Janis x

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »
I would say definately go for a minibus rather than 2 taxis.

We've always used Olgas Travel in Arillas. Again , 100% reliable and usually 5 - 10 euros cheaper than anywhere else.

So, plenty of choice.

Angie

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »
We always use Arkokl and with there being 5 of us have to get a minibus but have also heard great things about Noula as well. We go on 20th aug if anyone wants to jump in with us :-)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 03:28:30 PM »
agreed
arkokal ,olgas ,san steph ,all do one thing they  get you to your resort hastle free ,,all great service suppiers to the arillas tourist trade..who ever you pick to get you there you wont be dissapointed ,,,,,,,,yammas

Offline Ian C

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
Thanks everyone, sounds like I'm spoilt for choice, it's always better to ask people in the know....Thanks again..IAN

Booking.com