Author Topic: Cheapest transport from Arillas to San Stefanos  (Read 11706 times)

Offline saxa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Cheapest transport from Arillas to San Stefanos
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »
Hi

Im coming to corfu 13.9.10 and will get a bus from corfu to san stefanos - Can anybody tell me how to get from San Stefanos to Arillas? Is there a bus or do I need to get a taxi?

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Cheapest transport from Arillas to San Stefanos
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:16:53 AM »
There is a bus from Arillas to Corfu town (via San Stefanos) very early, about 7am and the return mid/late afternoon. A taxi is probably the easiest choice. Of course there is always the cheapest option - to walk. Too far for Jen these days, but many do.

Hope this helps
Phil

Offline saxa

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:16 AM »
Thanks - How much is the taxi from san stefanos ? - i will hire a scooterafter a few days but will have a suitcase when I arrive and I think there is a steep hill to arillas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:37:10 AM »
There is indeed a steep hill. Long time since we took a taxi from San Stef, so our 5 euros is way out of date. Probably 10 by now. Where are you staying? You may be able to negotiate a lift for a bit less.

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:13:52 AM »
In  your other post you mentioned the Tria Adelphia.  If you are staying there it's at the furthest end of Arillas from San Stef - so yes it's a fair hike with a suitcase.

You might want to consider asking the owner of wherever you decide to stay if he/she will come along and collect you in San Stef.

I shouldn't think a taxi will cost much but why not give the local taxi office a ring or send a text to find out... 0030 6972767803

Eileen.

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 08:02:34 AM »
I am not the best person to know the cost of a taxi from between San Stefanos and Arillas but suspect it will have to come from Sidari. You will most likely of course have to pay the cost of the taxi to do this, not just the short bit between the 2 resorts ! 

Someone here will know what that is likely to cost ....  my guess 15+ euros ? Friends who wanted to go a similarly short journey from Agios Georgios to Afionas, which many people walk, were quoted 15 a few years ago for that reason.

You don't say if it is the airport where you arrive but a taxi across town from there to the bus station has been quoted on Forums at about 7-10 euros.  It could be walked but I was advised against it with suitcases. With the bus ticket probably about 4 the whole journey might well come to about 30 euros anyway.

So I suggest you keep your options open for the transfer from Corfu town as you may think it might be worth while getting a comfortable taxi for the whole journey -- door to door (estimated 45-50 euros) rather than mess about doing it in 3 steps  with a heavy suitcase. That is what I would do.

Dennis

Offline Geoffrey with a "G"

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »
There is of course a bus from Corfu town to Arillas.
Geoffrey with a `G´

Offline saxa

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »
Thanks for everybody's advice- does anybody know the times of the buses from Corfu to Arillas ? I arrive at 12pm into corfu

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
Last year the one and only daily bus to Arillas left Corfu town at 2pm.  The fare was 3.60 euro. 

The bus for Corfu Town leaves Arillas at 06.30 ....when we used it last year it didn't turn up until 07.00 so you may have to hang around.

Eileen.

Offline Gino

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:30:58 PM »
As the as the coastal path hasn't gone it's only a 10 min walk at best, why spend money when you can buy more ouzo

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
I always book a taxi to meet me at the airport, arranged by Dorita at The Bardis Sun Hotel. €48 each way in May. I'm sure your 'host' will be able to arrange the same if asked. the taxi driver holds up a large card with your name on it at the exit from the airport.  Thomson offered an alternative on their 'Transfer Bus' for €20 return which is very reasonable, but it does take longer. I think the journey in an air conditioned Merc, journey time 45 minutes, is the best option, just sit back and enjoy the scenery!
Yammas,
Martin.

Booking.com