Author Topic: Mosquitos  (Read 27046 times)

Offline skelly

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Mosquitos
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »
skin so soft worked for me last year Janis .
and I didn't have to give up my favourite perfume either .. thank goodness.

Joan xx

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48:42 PM »
Joan luvver I think you are right. Perfume seems to attract the little b*****s. Men much prefer the natural scent of a woman to all the No 5's, Coty L'Aimants etc. So risk the fire - leave the perfume off and watch him respond! At least if it doesn't happen, you'll have less mosquito bites!

(PS - Jen brings perfume to Arillas to avoid that scenario.... She never wears it though!)

Phil

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 11:11:37 PM »
Have to inform you all that i never got one bite this time. I'm overjoyed. Whats the secret? No idea but i went armed with all sorts of lotions and potions. Dont know which was responsible so from now on i'm taking the lot.
  I started taking vitamin B100 tablets the week before(holland and barrets). I had deet free mosquito sprays (camping shop and marks and spencer), lavendar oil, lavendar sticks. a lavendar plug in and my antibiotic cream incase a one did get me.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 08:10:11 AM »
Heidi and I also managed to avoid any bites in Zante with the help of Jungle Formula. Maybe the mossies in Greece are having crisis too....? ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
Dont know what it is erja but it makes such a difference to your holiday doesnt it.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
Dont know what it is erja but it makes such a difference to your holiday doesnt it.

It does indeed! My blood type is O- and I am prime target usually to all mossies. But the Jungle Formula Tropical Strenght (all deet) works for me and fingers crossed it still does in August :)
Life is good ;)

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »
and of course its only the female mozzies that bite, isn't that typical? :-)

riggers

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »
My 2 weeks holiday is half over (sob sob) and i have 4 mozzie bites. I am using Jungle formula, well i may forgot to pt it on one night.

There are lots about...

riggers.

Ps.
This mythos still tastes good as i am sat in the NUT.

Offline heatherberriman

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »
Awww riggers wish i was sat there with you,i wouldnt care about getting bitten.im sure the mythos will help take your mind of them.enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »
I had no bites this time until I sat at the back of the Cconut.  Glendas cream helped though, going to follow her regime in September

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »
I used Avon skin so soft each time I got out of the shower whilst there in May, and, when I remembered, Jungle Formula before going out. No mozzie bites, BUT got quite a few bites on my right foot (presumably those blasted ants)....  Hate 'em

Janis x

Offline skelly

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »
Thumbs up from me too for Avon's skin so soft dry spray too Janis,
last year I had  just the one bite where I must have missed a spot ..lol.

Joan xx

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
Helen and I have had a lovely day at Gardeners World Live and the Summer Good Food Shows at the NEC in Birmingham.

One of the exhibitors there was this company "Incognito" ( http://www.lessmosquito.com/ ) We had a long chat to them about mosquito bites and they convinced us to try their products - the soap, After sun and the mosquito repellent.

I asked, tongue in cheek if, I could have a refund if I was bit in Arillas and they  gave me their word that they would.  Since getting home I have checked the products out on the internet, and also looked at reviews for the products which seem very positive.

Has anyone heard of, or tried these products? I suppose the proof of the pudding will be to see if we get bitten in September.

On a different note, I tried Crabbie’s Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer  served over ice with a slice of lemon and it was delicious. I have never tried it before but it was a lovely refreshing summers drink. Even Helen liked it and she doesn't drink much alcohol.

Offline skelly

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 01:09:01 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the mosquito's are worse at certain times of the year or are the little terrors as bad all through the season.

Joan xx

Offline tracys

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
Ive armed my self with 4 bottles of skin so soft this time to last me 2 weeks, was bitten alive last year by the little blighters and we only went for a week !

Booking.com