Author Topic: Thomas fisher taverna and accommodation  (Read 28422 times)

Offline MaryH

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Thomas fisher taverna and accommodation
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »
Last May sea bream and chips and local vegetables followed by Yoghurt and strawberries, sprinkled with hundreds and thousands washed down by Thoma's white wine was one of the best and most memorable meals I had at Thomas Vavilas Fish Taverna, and the fantastic company.  It was the night I had the honor of eating with Viv, Pete , Janis and Barry and watching the sun set light a giant firey ball

Enjoy

Mary :)

Offline Hancock

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Hi Mary

Thanks for that I think it is Vavilas,

Phil
It's not Thomas Bungalos, we got confused with that, Thomas the Fish Taverna man has apartments behing the Taverna and he showed us round when we were there this year.
We are also going on the 12th of July, if your on same flight and getting a taxi do you fancy sharing, no problem if youv'e made other arrangements.

First time for us booking independant with easyjet on line, really worrying that I've put the documentation information in correctly although checked it 3 times before sending.

May actually see you next year, bring on July 2010, wishing our lives away.

Regards
Jane & Dave

Offline Hancock

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »
Thanks for the number Martin, will phone today.

Regards
Jane & Dave

Offline Hancock

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »
Hi again everyone, tried the number Martin gave and found on the Map, rang the number but seems no longer active, anyone got any suggestions on how to contact Thomas at Vavilas.

Jane & Dave

riggers

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 03:54:19 PM »
I think the code should be 0030 and not 0033..maybe that might work.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »
Think you're right riggs about the code. Hancock, our EJ is from Bristol leaving at silly o'clock and arriving about midday. We would be more than happy to share a taxi. We will book with Noula anyway, and let's hope we can share. Half the cost for all of us.

In any case, make sure you come and say hello. We will usually be seen in the Rainbow, the Nut or Brouklis, or on the beach. Er, well all over the village. Don't be shy (we're not...)

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
0033 is France so that may explain why you couldn't get through.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »
The French connection? Us Arilliacs get in everywhere...

bonne nuit mes petits choux....

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 06:44:51 PM »
so true phill,
we essex boys even get to dorsett lol........yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »
goodonyer kev mate. We live in the West Country now, but you visit frequently. Us Arilliacs are all over the place....

lol love to Kay and Barbara
Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
thanx phil
reverting back to post ,i also must try vavilis in 2010 looking forward to the seafood platter..............roll-on june ...yammas

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 01:24:02 AM »
Agree with all comments on Vavillas....lots of great places to eat in Arillas, but if forced to pick a favourite, this would be it, for atmosphere as well as the food. Thomas is always friendly, funny and welcoming. Riggers if you are a little wary of fish..don't have it.
I often do as the Greeks do and forsake a main course and just order 5or 6 starters for us two to share, with a carafe of house wine, then still have room..just for a pudding and then a couple of brandies, lovely!!! Agree with Phil about applying extra mozzie protection though real mozzie hotspot...but so worth it!!!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
Oops! Sorry. Yes the code is 0030 NOT 0033. I had just phoned a friend of mine in France and, well...sorry! I'll have to put more water with it!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline garyr

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »
For me and the missus this is the best restaurant in Ariilas friendly the sea bream is to die for, unfortunately still neevr had the fish platter becasue it always sold out by the time I get there. The wine is lovely, the family are great its just what Arillas is relaxed, gentile, unrushed the way life should be. I can remember last time we was there in September we had a coffee after and Thomas brought out a carton of milk and put it on the table. To me that typifies Arillas its all about family and nice cheerful people. Question though does Thomas tell anyone else on eher what they are going to have to eat? or is it just me.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly with all comments here, Thomas and his family are so down to earth and lovely.  Its like going home to see old friends.

The lovely red wine

The delicious Sea Bream, this tastes much better than it looks! 

Just finished another delicious meal, Thomas saw the camera and said lets take your photo, we are laughing because he was calling billy for not being romantic and made him put his arm around me, a great memory of a lovely night in Vavilas.

Sharon x

Booking.com