Author Topic: Thomson charging for coach transfer 2010  (Read 10879 times)

riggers

Thomson charging for coach transfer 2010
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
While i am waiting for easyjet to go LIVE for Manchester, i have priced my holiday up with thomson online. I noticed they are charging for transfer next year, £15 per person :shock: still aint to bad but :shock: . I suppose if there was a party of 4 it deffo has to be Taxi.

Now i await easyjet to see which is the better option for us. (Package or Independant).

riggers.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Thomson charging for coach transfer 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:21:23 PM »
Well All I can go off (as we always go independent) is that the cheapest flights for 5 of us at the moment are around £1300 (ouch). last year with Easyjet we paid £740!! Slight difference! My accommodation usually costs me around £900 for the fortnight which brings us to about £1640, for family of five in peak season school hols.  Unfortunately, the packages cant come near that these days.

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »
Hi Riggers

My sister and I have booked separately with Thomson and we have free transfers.

june

riggers

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »
Hi June. I wonder if they have only just started charging because when booked in july there was no charge....

riggers.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »
That definitely must be a new thing riggers because they have always included the transfers before now!!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »
We'd love to go independant. But it was such a good deal for us through TC to the Akti in July, £814 all in B&B that it was that or miss out on Arillas in 2010. Flying from Newcastle really limits your choice of flights. about 30 weeks and counting, can't wait. GazCaz

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:09 PM »
That's a great deal GazCaz - well done. So glad your difficulties with last year haven't clouded your view that Arillas is an ideal holiday destination for just about everyone. We will be there from 12 July staying at Brouklis. Please come up and say hello if you see us.

Phil

Offline Paul & Denise

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »
Just been on TC site to price next years holiday, they are  listing coach transfer seperately but with no option to opt out as you can with in flight meals. Good all in price though - 14 days end Sept/Oct EMA just £509 for the 2 of us with extra luggage allowance. This is better than last year!
Paul

Offline iluvsangeorge

• About Agios Georgios
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »
I think you will find that with Thomsons the coach transfers are still included free of charge in the 'package' prices.
It is only those people booking 'flights only' who they charge for transport on their coaches which is expected anyway.  They didn't used to offer this facility apart from to a few main resorts.

I know someone who booked an independant apartment next year in Agios Georgios, rather than the usual hotel and has booked the flights with Thomson and the transfers (the price is £10 by the way) . However he failed to read the small print which said it is only to a single central drop-off point in the resort centre so he now has to arrange transport to the accommodation or haul the heavy suitcases nearly a km uphill !

Dennis

riggers

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
I've just booked package and been charged for coach transfer. I'm not really bothered by it though... £15pp return. It  was just a shock after so many times we have been with them and it has been free.

riggers..

Offline annie

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
I have noticed the charge seems to be in June and October. In July and August it is included. They are trying to make some money me thinks........
Annie

riggers

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 01:56:02 PM »
It must be September too. Yes you are probably right Annie, they are trying to make money, must be getting a bit low.

riggers

Offline iluvsangeorge

• About Agios Georgios
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 06:03:43 PM »
That is  very odd Riggers as the Thomson web-site today definitely states 'Coach transfers included'  in the price panels for their accommodation in  Arillas, San Stef and Agios Georgios , whether it's June, July, August! Their FAQ also states the same.

I should check it out in case they have made a mistake as even £15 return per person is worth spending on something else.

Dennis

riggers

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
I just been back on their website and it definately states 2xcoach transfer £30. So i tried again but changed it to a week and it is included. So for some reason if you book for 10 days you get charged. hmmmm  well i'll be.

riggers.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 06:22:20 PM »
Why not stay the other four days riggs mate? It would work for me...

all the best
Phil

Booking.com