Author Topic: Arillas in October 2009  (Read 3296 times)

Nan

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas in October 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »
Nan luvver, an absolutely beautiful slideshow. Your take on the Arillas I know and love just blew me away. thanks

Phil

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:12:38 AM »
loved the pic`s of arillas

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »
Brilliant photos Nan....of everything I love and hold dear. I shall look at them many times over the long winter ahead. Thank you. Where were the fish? xx
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 12:50:51 AM »
Wonderful slide show, Nan, well done!

It was lovely meeting you.

lynn xx

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »
Beautiful pictures Nan :)
Life is good ;)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:15:04 AM »
Thanks Nan great photo's love the one of the fish, will pm you about cove where pipe fish are. Lovely to meet you at long last. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

riggers

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »
Just brilliant Nan. Will definately be having another look later and later and more...

Thanks for posting.

riggers.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 09:29:15 AM »
Nan
Just looked at your photos they are very good. Arillas does look spectacular after a storm. It's beautiful whatever season and it's interesting to see  how different it looks
Take Care
Mary :)

Nan

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »
Thanks all for your comments.

It was certainly a week of contrasts. Most of the rain fell at night and the days were warm and breezy to windy. The little stream at one stage became quite full and cut off the Sea Breeze and Mirage unless you were prepared to paddle!

There were also days where the sun shone and bright blue skies showed Arillas to be the paradise that we love. A bonus for me was there were  "NO MOSSIES"  at least I never met any.

I got to snorkle by the jetty on one of the sunny days and didn't see many fish to be honest. While I was snorkeling along I turned around and there was a little shoal of fish swimming behind me....must have thought I was their Mummy!!! So I managed to snap them quickly before they disappeared. I was so happy I took a photo of the tyre on the jetty!

As the temperatures were so kind I managed to walk the two headlands and enjoyed the walk to Afionas. In George Bay the sea was so calm it was like a millpond unlike the sea in Arillas which had a few waves when I got back. The views were really wonderful and well worth the long trek to get there.

On the way back my knees were suffering a bit. I wondered how long it would take me to get back down when from The Night Owl a hero came forth on his trusty steed...well no it was Eggy in his trusty Punto! He asked did I want a lift back to Arillas I said I'd LOVE one!  Before I could say "pork pies" I was back on the sea front in Arillas. Don't you love it when the gods smile down on you?

I know that some people were a bit disappointed that the weather was a little mixed but I thought that was part of the charm of my visit out of the main season. I would certainly go again at this time of year. Missing it muchly

Cheers Nan xx

Booking.com