Author Topic: TAXI Prices  (Read 13871 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
TAXI Prices
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
It has always surprised me how much taxi's cost to Arillas, when everything else seems so reasonable.  I mean, 50Euro for a 45 minute drive is quite steep when you compare it to what a similar journey would cost over here. It killed us this year, as a family of 5 we had to pay 80Euro to get back to the airport!

What is the situation whith hiring a car for both journeys? If you hired from Corfu, would they pick up from Arillas and vice-versa?

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: TAXI Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »
Im paying approx 50 euro from Athens airport to sounion and thats 40km about the same as corfu to arillas I think
Taxi prices over here have gone up I think as the other week my husband had to get a taxi to the hospital and back approx 5miles or 10min drive and that cost £28

But money well spent to get to us quicker to arillas
Ang

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
I've always thought how cheap the taxi ride is to Arillas, considering the distance! I had to pay £7 from my house to the coach station which is less than two miles and takes about 5 minutes and I think that's fairly standard in an English city.

If you hire a car for a week, Theo will bring the car to the airport for you and you can leave it there when you go back so you can offset 100 euros against the car hire cost. But you have to have the car for at least a week.
Sandy x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »
A similar journey from Edinburgh would cost you at the very least 50% more so I definitely think the Corfu taxis are good value.

As Sandy says it does make sense to hire a car especially if only going for one week.  I know Jo that you usually go for two weeks so it might not be the best option for you.  Sharing a minibus is a good idea but of course finding another party which arrives at the same time is the difficult part.

Eileenxx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 02:33:04 PM »
Taxi's here cost me about £12 to get home from Hudderfield which is about 7 1/2 miles so that is a bit cheaper then Corfu but I still think it can be worth it to save  an hour or so especialy if its early morning when you arrive and if you can find someone to share all the better. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
Here in rural Somerset it costs £15 from Street to our village - all of 4 miles. And the same from here to the station  (2 and 1/2 miles) because the taxis are based in Street. The 50 - 55 euros from airport to Arillas seems cheap to me.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »
hi all
i agree with most ,i think its resonable considering the distance and time of the journey ,and at least your there before the coach .....yammas

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 08:47:38 PM »
Ok, seems like I am in a minority! Living 'up north' things must be cheaper! If we were to get a to Manchester from ours, an identical journey in terms of miles we would be looking at around 25 quid.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
we live 5 mins from Gatwick and it costs about £6-7... we came back about 2 a.m. last year and as its past 11..00 p.m, it costs DOUBLE, dont ask me why!...  I have walked it before but wouldnt do it with luggage.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:30:06 PM »
There's 5 of us going to Arillas in just over a week, we booked independently without transfers this year so we hired a car to be at the airport when we arrive and we'll drop it off there when we leave. It cost £175 for the week for a Focus. Better than £80 each way for taxi's as you have the car for the week!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
We paid 45 euros each way for our taxi's this year, didnt think that was too bad really considering the distance and about a 45 minute cab ride, from the pub to our house, which is about 3 miles costs us about £8 here in lovely Essex :-)

Offline bullyman

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 12:58:36 AM »
Dear, but I would say fairly reasonable, it's your holiday. You pays your money and makes your choices. I will certainly appreciate the 43 euro fare on Friday.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 04:48:21 PM »
We used to pay £25 for a 20 mile taxi to manchester airport in a stinky uncomfortable cab.

So $45 euros in a lovely air conditioned merc taxi that gets you to Arillas in 45 mins is totally reasonable and we've got a taxi even when we had come on a package holiday.

Also, the driver is usually very chatty and good to look at ;)

Sharon x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »

Also, the driver is usually very chatty and good to look at ;)

Sharon x

I'm with you on that Sharon!  The taxi tottie makes a great start to the holiday :-)

Eileenxxx

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
LOL Eileen, isnt it just!  The last two, in June and September were particularly delicious specimens :)

Sharon xxx

Booking.com