Author Topic: Independent v. package  (Read 4547 times)

Offline lesleyg

Independent v. package
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
Just looked at previous correspondence on the subject of independant travel and looked at a couple of websites and I'm beginning to think a package might be a better solution for us.  What companies apart from Manos and Thomson go to Arillas and has anyone had a really good deal from a package company?  Alternatively, can anyone convince me to go independendly and have they any advice or recommendations for reasonable priced accommodation for three?  Any accommodation must be near the sea front as husband has walking difficulties.  Realise this will probably push the price up so any inside knowledge would be welcome.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Independent v. package
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »
There is plenty of knowledge on here Lesley. Welcome to the forum.

Some packages are cheaper than independent, we have been on both. With EasyJet, the independent works well for us. We like to choose where we stay and share our custom out amongst as many owners in the village as we can.

As for acommodating three, Brouklis have a two bedroomed apartment, Kaloudis do as well (Thomson I think) and Bardis Sun hotel could help. Plenty of details available on here about all of them. Mirage (Thomas Cook) might work out. Jo stays at Marinakis, next to Kaloudis and will doubtless let you know if there can help. All are on the sea front or right nearby, on the flat ground, and lovely places to stay.

We appreciate the walking thing - justjen justcan't get too far without a lot of pain.

Before you book, get all the lowdown from us. We all promote happy holidays in Arillas - it's in our interest to keep it thriving.

Phil

Look up what you want to ask about and we will all help you understand what you are booking.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »
All the accommodations are shown on Dimitris's map here... 
http://arillasmap.awardspace.com/gmap_arillas/

Click on a flag to generate a little pop up box which has brief details of the accom'/business...some even have their own listing/website which is indicated with a little house symbol.

If anything catches your eye just give us a shout...as oor Phil says we're all here to give you the lowdown.

Eileen.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:31:23 PM »
Sorry about the extra bit - while I was composing the post I left it in by accident - it was another way I was trying to say what I meant. Often change my mind while writing on here.

On t' other hand it was perfectly legit. Please keep asking.

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:52:42 AM »
Hi Lesleyg!
Welcome to the forum. As Phil and Eileen have said, if in doubt just ask, we are all familiar with the layout of the village, and the accommodation in the village.
A lot depends on what you are after when it comes to 'independent' of 'package' deals. There are some bargains in the package holiday if booked quite a bit in advance or 'late deals' as in last minute, but I find as an single traveler it works out better for me to book independently. Most 'package deals' are based on 'two sharing' with a nasty sting in the tail for the single traveler with the 'single occupancy' supplement. Most establishments in Arillas, do not charge this 'rip off' fee, as the money you pay your host goes directly to them, and not as in the case of the 'Travel Company' who pay the hotel a fixed fee/day and pocket the difference!
As Eileen has said, have a look at the map, there are a lot of places near the beach, most of the premises are bookable both ways.

Martin.

Booking.com