Linked Events

• Event: September 03, 2010 - September 16, 2010

Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
Holidays
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
Karen,Colin,Sally & Phill staying at Dionyssos

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
Everybody please ignore this, I was trying to add it to the calendar but it didn't work.

Dimitris, pleases delete this thread & can you tell me how to add things to the calendar??

Karen

PS. I did manage to update my ticker though!-So proud of myself lol
x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
You keep an eye on that ticker Karen, It will soon start to fall and before you know it you will be on your way.
I booked for Tunisia last march and we were 12 months and two weeks away. We go 14th March 2010 only 7 months away now, and we will have been to Arillas twice in that time.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »
Good job you don't smoke John. We are quite likely to be in Majorca in February to buy cheap fags. If we get blown up at least the forum will get a rest from justphil....

Tunisia never appealed to us though. Love the food but it ain't a patch on the Greek. And no fags - it's a no brainer for us.

Karen luvver you can start an earthquake on here by accident. A post called Holidays gives everyone a chance to contribute. I hope it runs and runs.

love to all
Phil

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 03:16:42 PM »
Thanks you guys, the holiday for next year just seems so far away. Col told me off yesterday for being to organised when I asked him how much spending money we would need just for the 2 of us! He wont get excited until theres 1 week to go!
Karen

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 01:16:15 AM »
We can't wait for Arillas May 2010, but in the meantime we're flying to Barcelona on 7th Sept, couple of days in the area then up to southern France - Catalonia, Carcassonne and Cathar country is the name of the tour....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 02:01:31 AM »
Janis luvver, Narobonne and Carcasonne are wonderful places to visit. The far south east of France. If you can, visit Banyuls - they produce a stunning local liquer and live a very rural and happy life that we shared and enjoyed with them in full many years ago. We brought back a case of twelve bottles, but as you'd expect, the didn't last very long....

Our boys were seven, so it's 21 years ago. I bet nothing has changed. There are places in that region which compare with Arillas for the laid back lifestyle that makes us all feel so good.

Hope you get to see some of what we did.
Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:03:11 AM »
Phil luvver, did Collieure, Carcasonne, Canet Plage, the food was to die for. 
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 04:29:37 AM »
Lindy luvver, we stayed at Canet Plage! Our twin boys were seven and we stayed in a tiny little caravan. We were younger then and just as poor as we are now. This life is so full of new discoveries. Collioure, Narbonne, Carcasonne, Banyuls. We seem to have co-incided! You and Mal must have been French hippies like us! Eileen has christened us the Arillas Hippies but I reckon yous two are the Original Hippies! Have you still got your tie dyes??

lol (no - lots of love)
Phil

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »
Between now & Sept 2010 we have a few little 'holidays' arranged. Going to Centreparcs at the end of Sept for my neices hen weekend, the boys are going to Ireland!. Then to a posh hotel for the weekend in November for the wedding. James got 3 A levels so he is off to Sheffield Hallam Uni so we will be busy over the next few weeks sorting him out for the move & I expect some of our holiday funds will be going his way!
Karen

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 06:59:18 PM »
Believe me Karen luvver ALL of your spare funds will be going his way. We had two at once and didn't go anywhere but to work for three years....

But you've got to do it... Well that's how we felt.
Phil

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »
I guess you are right on that one. Thankfully we will only have one at Uni. Lisa is very self sufficient, she works hard at weekends & in hols when she is not at college & hopefully she will have a job next year- she is hoping to work as cabin crew on Jet2 or thomas cook.
Karen

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
And a very beautiful young woman and such a credit to you both. So glad John and Dot and Phil and Jen met you all in July. Yous lot had the same whale of a time that we did. Long may it continue...

Phil

riggers

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
We will be flying Monday, unfortunately only down the motorway to Wales (we just love it there) :)

Well we have to fill the time in till we go Arillas :) 6 weeks monday whoop whoop whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

riggers

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »
in till............"untill"

Booking.com