Author Topic: Philistines Anonymous  (Read 4347 times)

Offline lesleyg

Philistines Anonymous
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
O.K. Three days to go and our nine year old philistine is getting worried.  Can anyone tell us where to go for the best pizza and where for the best spag.bol.?  Wherever we eat also has to do old fashioned Greek for us oldies.  Any info greatly appreciated.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Philistines Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:15:52 PM »
There are some Italian influences, and pastitsada with chunks of meat or pastitsio (try it at Brouklis - mmmmm) might seem like spag.bol, but pizza? I have never heard of it there. Could well be wrong, because I always eat Greek. There will be food for your youngster though. Just talk to whoever serves you and you will find whatever you need. Don't be afraid to ask.

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:21 PM »
Hi Lesley,

We eat traditional Greek too, but I do remember having pizza once at The Captains.  It was very good, as are all their meals.

While there in June this year, I noticed Italian influences at the Mirage, and Eftyhia, as well as their usual Greek dishes.  There are probably other tavernas that do pasta dishes too. 

I expect there will be other Arillas addicts who can help with more advice for you.  I'm sure your nine year old will be fine........

lynn xx

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:59:37 AM »
you can get pizza at thalassa

Offline Pommie

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »
Can anyone tell us where to go for the best pizza and where for the best spag.bol.?  Wherever we eat also has to do old fashioned Greek for us oldies.

I'm not sure where you'll find it, but don't worry about philistinism - the Greeks invented pizza a couple of thousand years ago!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:09:45 PM »
Yes the thalassa does lovely authentic pizza and most places did spag bol and lasagne.  Enjoy!

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
you can get pizza at the portofino

Offline lesleyg

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
Good to know our daughter is not a philistine and also that she is not going to starve.  She will also eat little fishes and giant beans!!  Saw a picture of your renewal of vows Jo.  Congratulations - it looked fantastic.  2 days to go and I am really getting excited now.  The days here really seem to be dragging.  Hope they go as slowly in Arillas.

Booking.com