Author Topic: Somewhere to express your disappointment.  (Read 37903 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Somewhere to express your disappointment.
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »
DONT FORGET THE BENCH
THE BENCH
JUST TAKE A LITTLE TIME ON THE BENCH
If Phil & Jen or Sandy pop by tell them that you are only borrowing it for a while
(they think it is their bench, Just humor them)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »
But John, Dimitris reported to me I was seen half naked at 3 am (I reminded him it was only HALF naked - I had my shorts on) walking down to the beach and back... I had hurt my dodgy shoulder and could not get comfortable on the floor, the bed or the ceiling. Sitting on my bench healed me perfectly and I went back to Brouklis and slept like a baby. We should change the name of this place to Lourdes... Maybe not.

Sorry to whoever I offended with that. But it is true, I hurt like hell when I did that, and after watching the sea for a while I was improved. Enough to sleep. And no, it wasn't alcohol.

The bench isn't Sandy's or mine, we just borrow it sometimes. I did last week, she will soon. We have never shared it. Now that might be a story.....

love to all of yous
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »
Always happy to share phil.....and we'll both be back. As I always console myself.....Arillas is always there for us. It was Spiros at the rainbow who first said that to me..........arillas is always there.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 02:17:21 AM »
Thanks Sandy. This thread was about disappointment. But unfortunately, some of us have a problem with that. Like riggers said, we tend to overlook those things.

We are still there, like Gravia. Dimitris joked with us last week "I'll send for the Army to put it back" when we joked we were going to watch Gravia for a few hours. You know exactly what I mean.

All I said was true. Dimitris said the village reporters saw me walking half naked at 3am. Well it was true. And I sat on the bench, watched the sea and felt a million times better. If this isn't a PM, and in public I don't care. Anyone can have this, and they should keep trying.

love
Phil

Offline Samwell

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Yammas!
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 02:35:19 AM »
I have just found this thread... I honestly dont think there is a single negative point or dissapointment from my holiday regarding ARILLAS...

...I can however say all I found dissapointing was the amount of English couples fighting or arguing. I walked past Atki one night to hear (from the street and above the kareoke of malibu) a couple shouting at each other then throwing things between themselves. It made me not want to come back home, but as far as negative goes, my fellow country-men (/women) let things down.

Arillas, to me, is perfect.

Oh yes, and its always disapointing to come home ;)

Offline heatherberriman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 03:10:06 AM »
arillas is wat it says,a place to come an forget lifes worries for a week or too,yes its quite but thats wat we want,isint that wat we come away for?and this place gives all that plus more

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 03:43:19 AM »
Samwell I know you found something different with us lot on that subject.

I have never heard the personal arguments because I am so busy enjoying it all. Jen and me have arguments, it is part of life. No patronising going on here.

But I am not ignorant of those who go to Arillas and hate every minute of it. There aren't many though. Very few indeed. They have always made the mistake about what they really want and say we want quiet (too quiet) or want noise (too noisy.)

read the forum and make yous own mind up. I think you did mate. And loved it

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »
Rothers - we too have been to Pefkos and enjoyed the experience (especially the bar philosophia on the top of the cliff - we spent many wonderful evenings - and days- there) BUT Arillas and all it has to offer is so much more relaxing. Honest! Once you've been you'll never forget it and will want to come back time and time again. Have a super holiday!

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »
I'm sat in my office listening to the news on 5 live and they were just talking about the behaviour of Brits abroad, especially in Greek resorts. There's talk of drunkeness and the unfortunate behaviours that can go hand in hand. The people who attend the kavos type holidays probably return home after two weeks stating that they have had the best holiday ever. I know that when I was 18 I loved Magaluf! I believe that closest that Arillas has to offer is malibu but I tend to avoid it during the evenings as 14 year olds singing karaoke isn't my idea of fun. So there I think I have a moan. I thought of booking to stay at the reidences near to the front but haven't for fear of being disturbed. Having said that, I've never seen a negative review.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »
we have stayed at the akti for the last 2 years, which as you know is opposite the kareoke bar, we have been given rooms in the newer part both times, at the front, but they have brilliant double glazed windows!!
somehow you get used to it and after the first couple of nights we didnt even notice. and to be honest its worth putting up with the noise to stay there.
ger x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »
Strangely enough, MicK-G, I was talking to my mum last night about looking forward to Arillas again next year..  She said she didn't like Corfu. I asked why and she said she'd been to Kavos and there was nothing to do! She's 85 in February!!!
Somehow I'm not sure she'd care for our Arillas, but I'd love to be able to afford to pay for her and her boyfriend (he's a toy boy) to visit this little piece of heaven on earth
I'm sitting in my office "working" as well.... This forum keeps dragging me back! lol

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »
Yes agree with that Ger, its also an excuse to have another drink! lol.  Plus you can always ask Kosta or Spiro to put you in a room at the back, and you cant hear a thing there.  

We dont go in the Malibu, prefer to drink in the Akti or where we've had a meal, but Arillas has something for everyone.  

Janis, good on your mum for having a toyboy ;)

Sharon x

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »
At work on my Birthday, It's only the site and the thought of returning to Arillas in 11 sleeps time, getting me through.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
If someone takes a look at the index page of arillas.com, there will be a description of Arillas in a few words.
I have set these sentences with the help of other Arillas residences in order to give our potential visitors the real view of Arillas as a kind of a holiday resort.
My initial recommendation was to write something like " you really wouldn't want to come here if you're planning a rowdy stag party , looking for English themed bars with English beer,tv, soap operas, fast foods etc etc." 
The reason why we do not publish such information is because we don't want offend anyone and also that our place is visited not only by UK tourists but also has a large percentage from many other European and non-European countries as well as residential tourists from Corfu and the Mainland.
However, if you take a look at one of the Website’s Polls, you will truly understand for which kind of people Arillas is.

Another recommendation would have been to have public organization where you (the visitors) could post any thoughts of disappointment, complains, and feed back that could help our small community to improve its services, and the local business to learn from their mistakes.
Since the local council and most of the business of Arillas are not viewing our forum and are not following the posts, then it will be difficult to develop something like that, but I’m sure that this is an option for the future.

Please remember that none is perfect. either the local business neither the tourists.   

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MicK-G!!! and have a super holiday in 11 days' time!

Booking.com