Author Topic: Easyjet Luggage Allowance  (Read 6049 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Easyjet Luggage Allowance
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »
Having paid extra for 4 hold bags, I was just going through booking confirmation and it says something about paying £12 per bag at the airport.  Have i misunderstood this?  Please help!! Last thing I want is to shell out again.  Then when I logged into the easyjet site with my booking ref it was saying something about £19!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Easyjet Luggage Allowance
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »
No Jo....you definitely don't have to pay more at the airport. The £12 is only if you haven't paid already for the baggage. I've never heard of £19....
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:23:51 AM »
Phew, thank god for that :-)

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
I aree.We didnt have to pay any more.When I read that I thought exactly the same and was hoping we didnt have to pay more.Mind you by the time we got to check in early in the morning I had forgotten all about that.Have a fantastic time.

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
And it's great that you have 20kgs allowance. Although I don't take much I really struggle with the 15kg allowance some airlines provide. My case/ towel and toiletries probably weighs 15kg before I add shoes and clothes.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:44 AM »
Another thing I cant understand is that my booking confirmation says I have 4 hold bags between 5 of us to check in.  Although I have a total allowance of 100k which I dont intend to go over, i could really do with that extra bag/case.  I have tried contacting easyjet but its a nightmare.  Surely it should be one case per person?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 09:36:12 AM »
scouring the site, it looks like I can buy another for £16.  jesus, is this holiday cost never-ending?!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
When you initially book, you can book as many hold bags as you want - so long as you still don't go over the allocated weight. But don't forget Jo with EJ you can take unlimited hand luggage. I am going in August just with hand luggage and you can take quite a large bag on board with you. Look at your booking sheet and the dimensions of the hand baggage are on there - you will find it is quite generous and easily a large weekend bag. 55x40x20cm
Sandy x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
I've just checked in online for my flight on Wednesday.....and I'm in Group A for boarding for the first time! I guess it's so that we can lift our bags into the overhead lockers before the crowds come. There is no weight restriction on hand luggage but you are only allowed one piece and you have to be able to put it in the locker yourself. I shall have good muscles by the end of it then....lol

So sorry folks.....can't take anyone with me in my suitcase!
Sandy x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »
sandy ........soooooooooooooooo jealous..have a fab time ,say hi to the boys and have a retsina on me..........yammas .love kay /kev/babs.xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
Aah Sandy, I so wish we were in your suitcase. But yous know that already... And kev, we will all meet up there one day soon. My Glastonbury ley lines are telling me....

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »
phil
ahh ley lines thats because i drive over them every.monday at 5am...lol,and then every friday on the way home...............yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 08:15:03 PM »
Is that why I always wake up at 5am on Mondays kev? Will be glad when you finish that job and I can get a bit more sleep....
Phil

Offline Castaway

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.corfucastaway.com
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Easyjet charge per bag but the maximum weight is 20kg per person so even if you pay for 2 bags you cannot have more than 20kg unless you pay their extortionate rates fopr EXCESS baggage, ie the weight over 20kg. If you have paid for 4 bags, and got 100kg you are doing well. Interesting too is if you pay for one bag for 2 passengers you will get a total of 32kg. Everything is very easy to change add to on Easyjets site dont waste your time trying to talk to them!
The boarding system is SB speedy bopardsing for those who wish to pay for dedicated check and first through the gate. A is those who check in on line with hand luggage and are supposed to be called after speedy boarders then B... the rest!
You can check in on line with baggage which will get you an A boarding card but you will still have to take your luggage to the desk to check in and they will re print your boarding card but you stay in A group boarding! Its called learning to use the system!
Regards Sue Tsirigoti
Castaway Travel
Acharavi
Corfu
www.corfucastaway.com

Booking.com