villa linakis

Started by janet mcewan, July 11, 2009, 04:21:26 PM

Erja

Wow! Your own bar Eileen!!! I am sure Pommie and Eggy will do doubles all night in there ;)
Life is good ;)

Eileen

Erja...another big WOW from me....I just love it!

Pool party tonight...all welcome!!!

Eileenxx

Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

justphil

We're there Eileen! (I wish...)
Phil

Pommie

Cheers Phil - I am sure we will have several for you :-)

Only 2 more sleeps  here :-(

janet mcewan

pommie will miss the banter with you and neil and i just love what you have done to the villa, its a very wet glasgow was looking at my sister martha's photos and we both just said aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if only enjoy your last few days

janet

justphil

Well join the rest of us Janet and Pommie. "Drinking forum milk all the week, Arillas on a Sunday..." (Taken from an old Scottish folk song, Whisky on a Sunday)

I am not alone in being obsessed, an anorak, an Arilliac, but have also met many wonderful like minded people on here. I can already tell how hooked yous are.

Pommie - please take pctures at the festival. I'll put them on here of you have any difficulty.
Phil

janet mcewan

well what can i say phil i just love this forum will keep me going till my next visit some people will say how sad but hey who cares i just love arillas and don't care

janet

justphil

Quotesome people will say how sad but hey who cares i just love arillas and don't care

that's the spirit. Nor do I
Phil

janet mcewan

phil i am so glad for people like you and jen and all the others who love arillas

janet

Pommie

Phil

Guess who was daft enough to leave the camera at home last night? And whilst I do enjoy the constitutional effect of the ascent of Mount Linakis on the way home (as it justifies the extra Metaxa at the end) I wasn't going up there and back on a very warm night to get it I'm afraid.

Anyway I saw Dimitris snapping with a camera that looked like small tank so I imagine he will today be posting on several "folkloric" pictures that will be rather better quality than I would have managed (especially as I discovered the blonde Ionian from the local brewery last night.)

The place was HEAVING with locals and tourists. Well done to the organisers it was great success.!

Right - off now to enjoy our last day (sob)

justlynn

Quote from: janet mcewan on August 01, 2009, 09:57:49 PM
some people will say how sad but hey who cares i just love arillas and don't care
janet

Have to agree with Phil, love this quote, Janet, and welcome along with us other addicts.....

ENJOY YOUR LAST DAY, POMMIE!

lynn xx

Pommie

ENJOY YOUR LAST DAY, POMMIE!

Well it's not our last day as we've decided to stay. We've laid in provisions from the Mini Market to last at least a month  (although getting all those bottles of Metaxa to the villa was quite a job), and we've set up battlements, barricades and man traps .

We've stocked all three balconies with lemons from the garden and we're ready to fight off Eggy and Weggy when they arrive to turf us out. The battle of Villa Linakis will go down as one of the great sieges in the annals of the island of Corfu.

How DO you leave a place as beautiful as this ???

Sandy x

Clearly you don't Pommie! Don't worry Eileen....you can stay at mine in October! lol x
Sandy x

janet mcewan

we know how you feel pommie our last day at the villa was very quiet and my sister and i just sighed when we saw neil and wendy come to say goodbye and also get the villa ready for the next lucky guests did you go right to the top of the hill as we did the views over the bay was spectacular hope you chat on the forum as you cheer everyone up with your patter safe journey home

janet
x

janet mcewan

thanks justlynn what would we do without this forum i have an idea why don't we all pack a suitcase and go and stay in eileen's villa (how about it eileen) i'll even attempt to get on the hammock and sleep on that lol

janet
x