Author Topic: First time visitor  (Read 6908 times)

Offline lesleyg

First time visitor
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
We are travelling for the first time in August with our 9 yr old daughter.  Any useful information (best places to eat, bus times, boat hire, general costings etc.) would be very welcome.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: First time visitor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
Hello Lesley,

Everywhere in Arillas is good but of course people have their own favourites. But I can guarantee there is plenty of choice and the prices are not too bad at all.

ONLY 51 sleeps left for me ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
Hi Lisa

If you trawl through the forum under the different headings you will find a wealth of info and more.  What I suggest is to go and sample as much as you can and make your own favourites as that is what a holiday is all about.  You will struggle to find a bad meal in arillas and you can get some great set menus for around the 9 euro mark.  Perfect for families with a lovely safe beach, you will love it I'm sure.  Where are you staying? There is bound to be plenty of reviews on the accommodation pages. Feel free to ask any of us as we are all Arillas 'anoraks!'

Offline lesleyg

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
Thanks for the help, staying at the Makris.

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
Friends of our, who we meet every year, always stay at the Makris, wouldn't go anywhere else. I would be surprised if you didn't enjoy your time there.

Offline lynchan

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
there is not one bad place to eat.the people are the most nicest you will meet in greece and of all the places i have been to i would also say the safest.have a good holiday

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:27:03 PM »
Lesley I meant to say :-)

Offline lesleyg

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.  We can't wait to experience Arillas for real instead of just on line.  5 weeks 2 days to go!

Offline Arillasrep

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »
Hiya my name's Amanda. Are you staying with Manos or did you book independantly? xx

Offline lesleyg

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
We booked though Manos, on the 22.25pm flight from Manchester on monday 10th August.  Lesley

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
Well we are here, right now. Totally biased, but Makris is popular. You have the best fish restauarant in Corfu nearly opposite. We were at Vavilas (hint - that's the name) last night and just bought a new diet book... the Sea Bream blew me away. And had to fight with Thomas to pay enough.

It is a little bit away round the back but for anyone with legs it is ideal. Yes PaulC and Di meluvvers, I still have legs. 

maybe not later....
Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »
You've not long to go now, Lesleyg - just over a week? If you've had the chance to read many of the forum messages you'll be well excited now - and you've every reason to be! Arillas is a wonderful place - enjoy!
Janisx

Offline lesleyg

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »
Just under a week, Janis.  Resisting the urge to pack!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
Lasley G
Never stayed at Makris but have spent many hours watching the workk they have done on the place. It looks good and , my opinion , a good location.

The appts will be as good as the neighbours you have. Don't think you will be dissapointed.

Have a goodun.
Negg

Booking.com