Author Topic: Alexis Zorbas  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Alexis Zorbas
« on: June 27, 2009, 05:32:49 PM »
In all the years I have been coming to Arillas, I have never ventured up to Alexis Zorbas. This year I met up with a friend of a friend, who had stayed there four years ago and was returning for the first time for a holiday in Arillas. I've often seen the participants on the north end of the beach in the late afternoons, singing and chanting in the sea or doing the clay.

Anyway, Sara told me about an open singing workshop they were doing last Sunday so we both went along. It was mostly in German, but they very kindly translated the gist of things for the rest of us and it was a lovely morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it felt quite spirtual joining in the chants and mantras. Well worth the effort, and very friendly, welcoming people.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Alexis Zorbas
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 07:07:26 PM »
Coming from Glastonbury, we live daily with mantras and charity shops. I have an open mind. Alexis Zorbas sounds so similar to our lives here. Sandy luvver - come and stay with us here and find out what it is all about. If you enjoyed Alexis Zorba come and find Glastonbury

love
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
LOL Phil....did that in my youth.....less mud at Zorbas!
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »
What are you talking about Sandy luvver, we still have our youth. Do you feel "old?"
Well, I don't. I never will.

At College this week I said I was too old to go to the festival, and they all just laughed at me. What better compliment could you get?

Your dad explained it to me by just posing for that photo I saw on here. He has 30 years on me I reckon but he will be back at home again soon. When are you going home next?

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
End of August....two months exactly yesterday....not that I'm counting or anything!
Sandy x

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »
Alexis Zorbas, I looked them up  on the internet and quite fancy staying there it looked lovely and it would be something different

Take Care
Mary

XX

Offline Marion

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »
Alexis Zorbas have a "dance" every Friday evening at the Sunset Taverna - something different but relaxing and good fun.   

Booking.com