Author Topic: Beach  (Read 11238 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Beach
« on: April 16, 2005, 01:09:27 PM »
Looking at the photo of the day,it appears that the beach has all but disappeared,Dimitris am i right in thinking this.If so lets hope that the beach is back from the 2nd May.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Beach
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »
8) Harold,
              I think this is an annual thing, if I remember there was a thread about this last year? It usually seems to appear back in time for the summer. Not long now,
                               Ivan

Offline phil

is the beach back?!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 10:09:35 PM »
Hi, is the beach back and the clothes free end useable? is there anyone using it at the moment? I'm coming out this weekend and hope to get to Arillas beach mid week. I'm bringing a friend from the UK who hasn't been to Arrilas before. Sadly, because of work pressures, my wife is having to stay at home. We both adore Arillas beach and have had three holidays on Corfu including two at Arillas. it's just great, especially the mud! you'd pay a fortune for that in a health resort! If anyone's there next week do say hello, Best wishes, Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Beach
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 10:11:24 AM »
Hi Phil, We came back here last Monday (cant believe we have only been home 5 days) anyway unfoutnatly we had not been able to get along the beech apart from the first day we were there, we waded quite high to get there and then there was nothing but pebbles. We did try again on the 8th but couldnt get passed the cliff. (remember im only 5 foot) The weather was a bit hit and miss as always this time of year and have heard people say that the beach is always back by the second third week in May, so hope it is for you, and all the other's that are going over this week.Have a great time and let us know all about it when you get back. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline phil

Beach
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 12:07:55 PM »
Thanks Viv, sounds hopeful! I'll let you know how we get on.  Best wishes
Phil

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Beach
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 01:35:22 PM »
Hi Phil,

Is there any chance that you could let me know how the beach is while your there, as my mother and father are heading out on the 20th of the month for a week, and i have been telling them how lovely the beach is and don't want them to be disappointed.

Thanks

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline phil

Beach
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 01:45:45 PM »
certainly will, fingers crossed!

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Beach
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 01:46:46 PM »
Thanks Phil your a star :D

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline phil

Beach
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 02:01:13 PM »
Only thing is I won't be back here until saturday 21st as I fly out this evening, so belated beach news I'm afraid, but I'll let you and know next saturday pm so at least you and anyone else will have a recent report.
Weather's looking better though according to BBC five day forecast!

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Beach
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 03:25:47 PM »
Not being strictly a 'weather girl', I'm sure and convinced the beach will definitely 'extend' as the season gets under way as it is quite early at the moment, and the water will be warmer I hope for when I go out in July!  8)

I reckon there are a few 'sand castle' builders who are worried  :D   :D

Aly

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Beach
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 02:03:09 AM »
I'm worried about those waves! They sent me flying the other year!  :roll:   :D
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline phil

the waves and the beach!
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 02:13:35 PM »
Hi just back at 6 a.m. this morning, now then early last week it was wading up over knee height to get there and there was about a foot of sand but it was still very nice! We had strong winds thursday and friday and the waves were too high and fierce to get there. There were about thirty to forty people on the beach earlier and all seemed happy basking in the sun!

Offline snee

Beach
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 10:30:59 PM »
Hi there!

I have looked at the webcam picture of the beach for a few months now.  I was wondering, is it really as nice as it looks?  Does it ever get crowded?  We don't really like to have to fight our way through sun loungers to get to the sea.

Marie :D

Offline phil

sunloungers
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 08:55:20 AM »
Hi, apologies to regulars who know all this but to newcomers .....the bit you can see close up is the "town beach" as they might say, there is a row of sun loungers here, but it's not as bad as many other resorts. Walk to the right for a quarter of a mile and you will find (during the summer) twice the area of sand and almost certainly no loungers, plus usually plenty of room. The far end is largely clothes free, and populated by families, couples and singles. You won't feel uncomfortable if you keep your costumes on, but you might decide it's unecessary to stay covered up. There is lots of space to spread out, and the sand shelves gently into the sea making it ideal for kids and lilo's etc. In my experience there tends to be fewer children here than many resorts because of the walk and because it is unofficially naturist which I guess puts some families off. We've been on the beach with our two sons, and friends with their daughters, and the children have never felt embarrassed and none of us have felt uncomfortable in any way. (The kids - young teens - have remained clothed, although we more often then not take our stuff off as it just feels "natural". It's a wonderful place, with a really incredible clay like mud which is found in a strata of the cliff. This has an incredible effect on the skin, making it feel soft and refreshed after being dried on then washed off. Give it a go - you'll see why so many of us return there year after year!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Beach
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 07:36:44 PM »
Snee
If you are online tonight then take a look at todays "Pic of Day" I know we are only in May but the area shown is one of the busier places and, as already stated, the further you walk along the beach the quieter it gets.
Not bad eh? - Negg

Booking.com