Author Topic: Dear Easyjet  (Read 5115 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Dear Easyjet
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
Hi all,

As you most probably all know we have booked our holiday to Arillas, but out of interest we were looking at Easyjet going out on 31 August, returning 14 days later.  Both early morning flights.  This is supposed to include 1 bag each of 20 Kgs each in the hold although you are still charged £8 each per case per flight.  The total cost for this trip would be £477.32 for the 2 of us.  By the time you add on the cost of your apartment, travel from Corfu to Arillas and Arillas to Corfu on the return journey, this would surely add up to the cost of a package holiday with a reputable travel company.  We are just thinking about what happened last year when Excel went under and lots of people got stranded.  Everybody thought Excel were too big to go under, but it just shows.  We prefer the package holiday for peace of mind knowing that your transfer is taken care of, and that you are covered if the company does happen to go under whilst you are on holiday.  What does everybody else think?

ps  We have used Easyjet before to go to Northern Ireland - they are OK, but pretty basic, but the prices now seem to be steadily going up.

Kevin

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Dear Easyjet
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »
Easyjet is very cheap if you book as soon as the schedules are published. I am going out on 26 August for two weeks and it is costing me £80 return because I booked in December. However, as you say, if you book now it is about twice that each way. I found them very good last month and have no complaints at all about them.
Sandy x

Maggie

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
I've been checking out easyjet cos we will be coming from Corfu to UK in October. Prices are around £175 to come to Glasgow but it means a wait in Bristol of around 7 hours. This isn't ideal, but we'll continue to look around for alternatives. The big problem is, finding reasonable flight prices for airports in the north of UK.
The other problem is booking from Corfu, instead of UK. Does anyone have experience of this? Any info would be good.Travel supermarket, etc, won't let me see flights unless they're originating in the UK.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »
Maggie if you're going to be stuck in Bristol, let us know in advance. Jen and me will look after yous as best we can (Oh all right - run away then ....)

I thought you were doing an Eggy and Weggy and staying forever. I'm not wrong am I? Be careful - you could ruin me for life if you say NO.

lol (loys of love)
Phil

Maggie

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
Phil, you can stop panicing now. We are staying in Arillas forever! BUT..... my nephew is getting married in October, so we're coming back for a week. (also checking up on our children, who pretend to be adults!!!!!) No offense, but I would rather not have to stop in Bristol, but if we do, I'll let you know......

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
I used EasyJet to pop over in April, but only because the charter companies don't start till May. I don't have any complaints on a personal level, but I was rather concerned about an item on BBC's Watchdog programme the other week where travellers had turned up for their flights to be told that their tickets had been cancelled due to a "suspected fraud" on the card that had been used for payment. No fraudulent use of the cards had taken place, but EasyJet would not allow them to fly unless they purchased another ticket - at full price!
The full story is here :-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/05/easyjet.html
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
We found the prices of the Easyjet flights were very high this year, one of the reasons why we couldnt go DIY.. what we paid for our whole holiday last year (£79 return each) we would have to pay just in flights... much cheaper to do package I think... I found a holiday (not to Arillas though) for £360 for two to Corfu x 2 weeks!  Cheaper to do that and hire a car and drive to Arillas a few times. 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »
Sue, I very much doubt you will EVER better that amazing deal you had last year! I for one am very happy with my easyjet deal this year.  Think it was around £720 for 5 of us in mid July.  Last year I paid nearly £1100 and that was considered a good deal! But like Sandy says, best to book as soon as they are released

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
I have booked to go to Corfu in June for 4 weeks flying out of Bristol and paid £93 which I thought was fantastic, Thomson wanted £345 from Cardiff for the same dates. I did book early, in January. Just checked easyjet now and the same flights cost £245. Guess it pays to book early if you can. I have my own insurance so did not opt for easyjets. I have used them before from Bristol, to Barcelona, and them found them pretty good.

Offline ColinD

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »
We have flown EasyJet many times to various places without problems, but this year we are flying with Monarch from Gatwick as they weren't much more expensive than EJ, but 1115 takeoff rather than 0555.  I hate early mornings after a lifetime of shiftwork.  If EJ had offered us a flight from Luton or Stansted at a reasonable price and time, we would probably have used them, but as we had to go to Gatwick anyway.........
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Booking.com