Author Topic: Sea Breeze Taverna 2009  (Read 14767 times)

Offline Marion

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Sea Breeze Taverna 2009
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »
If the guitarist is the same person we heard in San Steph last year his music is excellent - not rock and roll but plenty of varied guitar "stuff" - not loud -  we enjoyed it and we are a couple of old wrinklies!!!!!
Marion and Keith

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »
If the guitarist is the same person we heard in San Steph last year his music is excellent -

I think I may know who you mean.

We run a guitar spares and repairs business ( - sorry about the self-promotion but it is relevant, promise), and a couple of weeks ago a chap came into our shop wanting an 'emergency' repair to his guitar as he was going abroad in 3 days, for the summer. It turned out that last year he spent 3 months in San Steph and this year he was going back for 5 months, staying somewhere 'on the hill bewtween San Steph and Arillas'. 
Needless to say, we managed to do the repair for him and hope to meet up when we're there in the summer.
His name is Keith Mitchell and will be doing live gigs in San Steph and Arillas throughout the summer.

Small world, eh?

Angie

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »
Wow! It certainly IS a small world, Angie! Look forward to hearing him - we both like to listen to "good" music, be it rock and roll, ballads, blues/soul - whatever, and a good guitarist is worth his weight in gold

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »
.. we both like to listen to "good" music, be it rock and roll, ballads, blues/soul - whatever, and a good guitarist is worth his weight in gold

We do too - I love live music and don't really care what it is.

We've often discussed 'doing the summer' in Arillas and are currently fantacising about setting up a guitar hire business to combat the 'withdrawals' that guitarists get whilst on holiday.

Jam sessions in the Rainbow anyone?

Are you up for that Barry? lol.

Angie

Offline ann marie

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
OK WILL GIVE IT A TRY.
DID NOT FANCY IT LAST YEAR BUT WENT THE YEARS PREVIOUS.

ARILLAS 11 WEEKS TODAY CANT WAIT

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »
Angie...I definitely miss caressing my guitar's whilst away on holiday so if you do start in business hiring guitar's I'm your first customer !
Might even earn a few bob patrolling the bar's !
Electric or acoustic, I'm not bovvered !
At one point last year I was eying one of Dimitris bazouki's on the wall in the Brouklis !
I must be some kind of guitar pervert !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:56 AM »
Loved this thread. My other half is a guitar addict, everytime I clean out his study it seems another one has been snuck in. He plays and sings folk and blues...and a bit of Chas and Dave too when sufficiently lubricated..lol! Angiem..he could have done with your repair service. A few years ago he went to a works xmas do and was supposed to be home by midnight ..sober! He dissappeared for 24hrs..I was worried sick ringing around hospitals eventually got hold of his boss who told me he was comatose in his spare room. I was so furious about the anguish he had put me through that I...put his fender strat in a vice, sawed off the neck then took an axe to it! I have never been so angry. We laugh about it now...just! x

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
Georgia....just had 2 minutes silence for the memory of that Strat .....sob.
Hope I don't burn !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »
Cant believe you did that to his Strat... my son would be mortified!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline pavlos

• Arillas resident
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 02:19:52 AM »
hi folks,forgot to let you know i took my other half,brenda,to the sea breeze last saturday.we both had the special meal,lamb on the spit.i can still taste it now .it was excellent.costa cooked it slowly on the spit for three and half hours and it melted in the mouth.the starter was greek salad followed by the lamb served with fresh local veg(something you dont find in a lot of corfu eating houses.....they think we like frozen mixed veg  yuk)and roasted potatos.this was followed by cake and cream....mmmmmmm washed down with local wine and mythos.a very enjoyable meal made even more enjoyable by watching the best sunset in corfu with greek music playing softly in the background as the darkness decends.what more could you want.thanks glen,mel,yanis and costa,the sea breeze is definately now on our "places to reccommend"list.good luck for the summer......Pavlos(paul)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
pavlos
a fab report,,looking forward to my 1st lunch on sat 6th june,at the seabreeze.......yammas

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
Pavios,
I think that after reading your report the sea breeze will be added to the "must visit" list of a lot of forum members. We will certainly eat there in September. Long time to wait but sounds worth while.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 05:36:10 PM »
Will give it another try.Didnt bother at all last year as it looked so run down.Position is lovely and so is the owner so would love it to do well this year.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
Next door to Grazella. Don't forget them - the food is SUPERB. Sea Breeze today, but Grazella TOMORROW! Ask for the Garlic Prawns - and mention PhilandJen. SUPERB!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 08:59:08 PM »
Yeah Grazella is excellent.We are staying at the Bardis hotel so know them well.June cant come quick enough.Four weeks today!!!

Booking.com