Author Topic: Lost Luggage  (Read 4338 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Lost Luggage
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
After hearing about to high numbers of lost luggage on the news today, I was wondering how many people on the forum had lost their luggage enroute to Corfu.

It must be an awful feeling to get to the airport and find that you have no spare clothes etc.

Got many spare pairs of underpants, Negg?

TerryW

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Lost Luggage
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
Just stay on the beach for a fortnight Terry......
Sandy x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
Hi Terry

Never happened going to corfu (touch wood) but we lost 2 cases a few years ago on way to Kos . We took a friend of our youngest daughter with us and 1 of the cases was her's, therfore when we arrived all she had was what she stood up in. NIGHTMARE . Hope this never happens again or to anyone else .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
When we first started travelling abroad and didn't have much sense, we bought one big suitcase between us and everything went into it.  Asking for trouble! 
There was a delay on our flight to Miami which caused us to miss our connecting flight to Antigua.  As our case had been put into holding for the next flight, we could not get it that same evening, even though we had to wait 24 hours for the next plane to Antigua.  We were put up in the airport hotel with free meals, which was something, and we also got to see Miami Beach, but this was in January and we were still dressed for the British winter!
We finally arrived in Antigua around 38 hours after leaving home, only to wait and wait for our suitcase, which did not arrive.  Another night with no luggage!  The following morning and by now I was wearing a Miami tee shirt and buying a couple of sarongs to get by on.  As if this was not enough, a freak wave on the beach put an end to my trainers....
Fortunately, the case did arrive by lunch time.

Following this escapade, it was a suitcase each for us from then on.  But this is still not the end of our story.  At the Start of an Aegean cruise, we once took a flight to Athens and my case arrived in Athens, as you may expect.  However, Colin's suitcase went missing.  The next day the rep told us that there was good news, his suitcase had been found.  The bad news was that it was in Moscow.  I thought it was a joke and laughed, but no, it really had gone to Moscow!
Three days later it finally caught up with us in Rhodes.  Buying spare clothes for Colin on a comparatively small cruise liner had not been easy!  And Colin still jokes that his suitcase has been to one place he hasn't!! 
Now of course, we have learnt to put half and half into each other's cases............

lynn xx

Offline ann marie

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
hi
when 6 of us went to arillas in 2007 none of our bags turned up.
so we had no suncream,mozzie repelant toiletries etc.
we arrived in Arillas about 10 at night and managed to buy some toiletries.
the next day we had to buy swimming gear,shorts and shirts.
the cases turned up 4 days later so my teenage girls were pleased as  their hair straighteners were in the cases and  my husband as his crate of bitter was still in his case.
dida at the marinaki was a diamond and lent us a lot of stuff.

But where can you buy knickers in Arillas.?
nowadays i always take spare clothes in the hand luggage

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »
Perhaps there could be an "emergency" shop where things people dont want could leave their stuff and if it happens there is somewhere to go for those bits we need if the bags are delayed.
How about your shed Eggy?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:49 PM »
I have never lost luggage on Arillas trips..yet! I remember many many years ago when in my late teens going to visit family in Germany and my case went to Moscow..must be a popular destination for errant luggage[justlynne!] The airline gave me a plastic zip up bag with travel toothbrush toothpaste and 3prs of disposable paper knickers!! I was staying with my Aunt, who was a very tall size 20plus. She gave me free rein of her wardrobe..looked amazing on a 5ft 2in 7and a half teenager! x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:12:41 PM »
Lol, I can imagine, Georgia!  I wonder what it is about Moscow.......??

lynn xx

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »
Thankfully, wherever we`ve gone to, we`ve never lost any luggage. So now I`ve said it, it will probably be `the kiss of death` and we lose our cases  In June. Always put some essentials in hand luggage, just to be safe.

Yammas  Paul d
D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com