Just a Test

Started by TerryW, November 20, 2008, 12:16:28 PM

TerryW

I am just seeing if this post shows up in "Recent Posts".

It just seems strange that it is 10:10am and there aren't any new posts today.

I think the number of posts have reduced recently, and this is probably due to the time of year and the current economic conditions. I personally find that using the forum is a welcome distraction to the mass of negative news we are currently getting.

justphil

I agree Terry. This one appeared in my Recent Posts today, as soon as it was put on. As a forum "anorak" to quote a dear friend, I am very sensitive to new posts and last couple of weeks there haven't been as many as usual. Everyone is fed up reading about me and my liver, so lets get on with pictures of Arillas, memories of 2008 there and looking forward to next summer...

Phil

TerryW

I see what you mean Phil.

If a guest logs in and sees posts in the "Recent" box about Phil's liver they could be put off going any further. But, if they saw the normal "holiday" type posts they may continue to read and then write a reply themselves.

The other side of this is that this forum doubles up as a social site for many of us, and we do need the "Phil's Liver" type post's, to make us smile during the miserable winter months.

Maybe we need two "Recent Posts" boxes, one marked as "Sensible" :-) and the other something like "Light Relief". :-)  :-)

Lastly we could all give reasons why we think the number of posts have reduced. I know I have been less active due to additional projects at work and also because I have less free time at home.

justphil

Ha ha Terry. Maybe to go alongside General Chat and Other Gossips Dimitris should start a new Board "General Silliness and Other Frivolities." lol

Eggy

I have to report that we have a little problem with our camera here.
It seems like the Zoom facility only works, when in the mood. Most pics comeout very blurred.

A pain in the bum when we take pics of the snow on the Albanian mountains and the Arillas high st etc. - I think we need a new camera but it won't be until December, when it comes from the UK.
I will keep trying though.

Meanwhile - Here's one for Bex who was asking about Kostas on the Beach.

Poor ole Wegg looks to be coming down with my "lurghi" - I'm getting better and although I offered to cook tonight, she won't let me.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH SAUSAGE , EGG , & CHIPS.?
( I even said I'd make the Birds Trifle that's been in the cupboard for 6 months! )

Cheers All
Negg

Sandy x

Poor Wegg....make sure you look after her properly Eggy and please give her my love. Hope you are both back to top form soon.
Sandy x

Bex

Thanks for the pic.

When was it taken as it looks the same as it did when I left in 2005!!!

Bex x x

martin-w

Hi All!
Egg and Wegg get better soon. Terry and Phil agree with all your comments, I thought I was missing something as when I check my 'show new replies' and show unread posts' there is a great lacking!
Whilst on this post, how do you get pictures on the 'reply'. I worked out that you use the 'attach' box but all mine are over the 200kb per post allowed. I tried using 'thumbnails' but even these are over the top. Keep getting rejected.
I like many others couldn't survive the British winter without my daily Arillas 'fix'. I find that a look at the webcam and the 'live' broadcast each day, leaves me with that can't wait till May 2009 feeling. All I have to do is get a good flight prrice and update he callender!
Yammas,
Martin.