Author Topic: Hi Arillas lovers  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Bex

Hi Arillas lovers
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »
Hi Arillas lovers

I’m not sure if anyone out there remembers me, I lived and worked  (behind the bar) at ‘Kostas on the Beach’ during 2004/2005.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to let me know if the restaurant is still ‘going strong’ (is he still using the menu I wrote for him??) and if Kostas and especially his elderly parents are happy and healthy.

Unfortunately when I left Arillas it was in a rush due to ill health and left without many photos so would like to thank everyone who has submitted their own photos bringing back many happy memories for me.

Also I was good friends with Eleni at the Akti Hotel. Does anyone know if her family finally managed to get the ‘married off’!!!!!! or is she still working there?

I would appreciate any news.

Bex

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Hi Arillas lovers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »
Hi Bex,

I was with Keefy and I remember you as well, we were trying to explain to Kosta what a Mooooose was as we couldn't find the word in the greek dictionary. I've  thought of that time a lot since and keep laughing when I remember it.

Did you ever find out what it was?

Cheers

Helen

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Hi Arillas Lovers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 02:47:18 PM »
Hi Bex

How very good to hear from you.  Kostas is still using your ideas and Menu and, I think he had a very good season this year.

I'm not sure if Eleni is still at the Akti but, as they are open during the Winter months, this is a question I can ask for you. Hope life is treating you well in the UK.

Offline Bex

Re:Hi Arillas lovers
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »
Hi

Thank you all for your replys.

No, we never did find the Greek word for moose  the closest we got was a word for reindeer but had many laughs trying to mimic one. I remember Zoe (a good friend and one of our waitresses) everytime she went into the kitchen to order one (I'm refering to the chocolate mousse on the menu) waggling both hands over her head like antlers and shouting in a deep voice MOOOOOOOSE. I think you probabley had to been there to find this funny!!!!!!!

I would love to hear any other happy memories anyone may have of 'Kostas on the Beach'.  I'm currently going through a pretty bad time in my life at the moment so could do with some cheering up.

Does anyone remember any of my dogs???

Bex

Offline keefy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
Bex I was in Arillas in Sept this year Kostas is still there doing fine still serving brill food. I think I remember you, you may know me as i was the customer who asked all the ladies who cooked there to marry me as the meal I had was just brilliant.

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 02:20:37 AM »
i ate in kostas several times this year,the sofrito was gorgeous,one of my fave eating places in arillas

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »
Here are couple of favorites from Kostas

Mmmmmm....food....:D
Life is good ;)

Offline keefy

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »
EEG this is not fair I am at work hungry and you are putting plates of lovely food on the forum....belly thinks my throat has been cut.......please no photo's of beer to tempting for me at work.....

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 01:00:21 PM »
I had the "moose" at Kostas this year... it didnt last very long!  Gone in a flash!  The waitress couldnt believe how fast I ate it.. it was gorgeous!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline keefy

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »
Blondegirl Now we had a laugh at this "Moose" because we asked Kostas what was greek for "chocolate Moose" and it appears that there is no translation for Moose
(except the large deer type animal) So we were going in ordering Moose with our hands either side of our head & flapping them, (like antlers).   
Keefy still the clown

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »
I didnt have to join in any charades... it was written down on the menu in english... but I recognise chocolate in ANY language!!!  :-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline keefy

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »
Ah! forgot the menu thing....but I only speak two languages English & rubbish

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »
And more of the latter Keefy?

Sorry mate, couldn't resist
best wishes from twin bro...

lol
Phil

Offline keefy

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
No probs Phil hope your feeling better......

Cheers to the Beers
Hail to the Ale

Booking.com