Author Topic: Size of the beach  (Read 132362 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Size of the beach
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »
Thanks gazcaz. we willenjoy it all, there is no doubt. Beach today for us was watch it from Graziella. Or was it called GazCaz??????????

And John, while I love to be alone sometimes I rarely am. There's usually a referee blowing a whistle in my ear to wake me up...

lol - you know I'm joking
Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2009, 07:42:41 PM »
Beach was good today lots of ROOM FOR ALL

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »
jr&d
next year its going to be sooooooooooo wide ,,lol....enjoy its not just about the beach............yammas

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »
Thanks, John the Ref & Dot, for the beach update.  Our trip in September is getting closer and it seems the beach is getting better all the time.
As I sit here in Lincolnshire watching the rain (heavy all day) I keep dreaming of the blue sky, warm sea, and golden sand of Arillas.
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

riggers

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
Thrown it down here to all day too PJ, looking forward to October with no rain at home.........

riggers...

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
we're just home (sadly!) from 2 weeks in Arillas and are pleased to report that the beach doubled in size whilst we were there! The strong winds of last weekend seemed to bring the beach back and, by the time we left, it was a decent width, if not as big as last year. Last night the resort was still really busy at 6pm - lots of cars and locals on the beach so hopefully things will pick up for the local bars & tavernas. Will try and upload a photo or two later.

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »
Just back after 12 days,weather was fine for September,probably not as hot as usual,but OK.Access to the nudist beach was dificult and only possible by wading through the surf,managed most days,and the beach was just about wide enough,the sea was lovely and warm. On the couple of days where access was impossible we went along past "Sea Breeze" and found a half decent stretch of sand with a few nudists in situ,so at least there is an option.We were both quite shocked and upset by how quiet the resort was,surely a result of the recession,bad Euro rates and a knock on from the demise of EXEL,let's hope that things pick up as the empty and boarded up businesses can leave the wrong impression on visitors (IMHO). On the plus side ,it would appear that the well run places are bucking the trend. Dimitis' original post is very informative and surely explains why the north beach disappears from time to time....only to re-appear to the south! Booked again for another go next year,although our Easyjet return experience to Manchester last friday night (where the incoming pilot refused to leave Manchester,because the runway at Corfu was wet and slippy! Honest!) could put normal non-Arillians off! Yamas!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »
Ssshh Crawsue.....don't tell everybody about that little bit of sand....that was my hideaway this summer. Sometimes had it to myself all day!
Sandy x

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29:59 PM »
My wife and I missed not going to to the beach this year. Hopefully next year we'll have another restful time on it. May have to fill our suitcases with sand though?

Rgds James

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
Hi Folk
It must have been you two, Crawsue, that we saw on the South beach last week.  Yes we found we couldn't access the north beach on several days unless prepared for cosiderable amount of wading while drenched with heavy spray as waves hit the cliffs.
Agree that the resort seemed quieter than usual, but the best places were still doing good business.
Must get booking for 2010!
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
Hi folks i just wondered how the beach was looking so far this year is there any increase in size as yet,not that it really matters as long as there is enough to get layed out on after a dip in the sea to cool off,roll on august ;-)

Maggie

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »
Tony, there isn't any beach at the moment, but I'm sure it will return by August! The sea is still very near to the road, but changes almost daily. Yesterday there was no sand on the beach, only stones. I've seen big changes through the winter. Last April there was no sand either, and by June it was fine, so, we'll see!
Next time I'm down at the sea, I'll do some pics.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
Thanks, Maggie - we'd welcome some pics to keep us up to date on the state of the beach. I hope it's back by May, never mind August! May need to invest in some crocs if the stones persist...
Janis x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »
Thanks Maggie keep us all posted with any new updates on the beach and for anything else for that matter :-)
                                        Tony

Maggie

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
I took these pictures last week.

Booking.com