Author Topic: Size of the beach  (Read 133522 times)

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Size of the beach
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »
I love the beach but we didn't really venture down there much in May. Hopefully it'll be back to normal by the time we return in August

Offline p.d.

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 07:23:06 PM »
please accept sincre apologies.
because of limited access to the north beach we have been using other beaches
since early may ie. Almeros and even san steff.
however today we waded  to north beach and rediscovered a little piece of heaven
 once again sorry for straying from the path will make more effort in future.
as always it was magic a little less sand but who cares.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
On behalf of Arillas beach and in particular 'beaver creek' I will accept your apologies! Dont let it happen again :-)

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »
Just spent four weeks in Arillas and the beach varied between small and non-existent. The weather changes daily and just as the beach seems to be growing the wind changes and it disappears again. It is a huge problem for the local business community. I spoke to several taverna owners who are really struggling. The numbers of tourists are down due to the credit crunch and now the reduced beach has taken away much of the sunday"greek family day out" trade as they are choosing resorts with bigger beaches. I spoke to some people who said they would return whatever the beach was like but others said they would not. It seems those who know and love Arillas will be back but those who are first timers may be put off by the beach after expecting better. On a brighter note it seems more eastern europeans are now visiting and may provide a new customer base for the lovely people of Arillas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
dai we have our fingers crossed too. Arillas is so deadly quiet for mid July. The locals are putting on  a brave face, but the truth is we either use it or lose it. One example - we were the only customers at Efi's night before last. Lovely meal there.

But I have to say, Kostas on the Beach was very busy indeed last night. Just about every table occupied. And the food was as excellent as ever.

Phil

Offline PTSD

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
hi  will be in Arillas begining of August. Is it possible to get to the North end yet? Can't wait to come back - 4th time!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »
IT is possible but you have to wade round the rocks in a couple of places.....unless you come down the cliff further on.
Sandy x

Offline PTSD

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »
great, thanks....can't wait to get  there again. it is such a relaxing and friendly place

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
Yes it is possible and some were there yesterday. It's just that after several Mythos and lots of forum members to chat to it is not advisable.... Justphil tried my best but gave up after I fell in. Justjen spent a very happy hour washing three tons of green mud out of my shorts.

lmao as usual
Phil

Offline PTSD

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 11:29:13 AM »
so which part is natural this year?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
I walked to the South end a couple of days ago. there was an "au naturel" couple who give me quite a few years (yes dears, old) and at the far end a naturist family. I didn't go that far, out of respect for their privacy. I had a quick dip and was completely alone for ten minutes. Bliss
Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
Phil alone    NEVER

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »
I went to the souh end several times this year but usually had to climb over a pile of seaweed to get into the sea so gave up in the end. There was very little sand up there in June.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2009, 02:57:23 AM »
Sandy luvver, I got clotheless and had a little dip in a very secluded bit of the South beach but it wasn't Sandy like you, it was Stony like me. The beach is what it is. I was very drunk when I fell over in the North end. At least 6 Mythos and another visit to doctors to get my wounds dressed.

It might only have been two tons of green mud Jen had to wash out of my shorts contrary to previous posts. (It will be one tomorrow....)

But in the distance I could see others were loving the seclusion and peace there at the North end. I so should have been part of that. Many should take heart, forget the Mythos and get their a***s up there.

For me? Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Avrio.
I can do Arillas with my clothes on....

Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
justphil
Sorry to hear it is quiet in Arillas this year so far, guess its to be expected, beach or no beach. I doubt it will be any different in many places around Corfu and Greece. Hopefully the very worst is over and we will see a steady increase August and September and into 2010. We are so sad not to be there this year, but pulling out all the stops to make it back in 2010, even if it means flogging the odd spare organ. Anyone know a good website? :-) enjoy the rest of your stay.
GazCaz

Booking.com