Author Topic: Mathraki apartments  (Read 4356 times)

Offline dikerkyra

Mathraki apartments
« on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »
Hi there  - my teenage daughter and I are thinking of staying in Arillas next August as although we've stayed in San Stefanos before we've only ever visited Arillas for an afternoon on the beach and it would be nice to get to know it better.
The Mathraki Studios/apartments look lovely on the website and seem to be very well reviewed. Their position seems ideal as well as I like to have a little walk to the beach! I'd like to check some minor details though so hopefully those of you who have stayed there can help me out.
First of all, am I right in thinking that the studios face the pool (ie facing North? my sense of direction isn't that good!) but also have private balconies at the back? (facing the opposite direction to the pool)?  Also are there table and chairs in the kitchen area? Finally just wondered if there's much in the way of noise at night?  And one other thing - does there tend to be a fair mix of ages there with some children or teenagers around?
Thanks very much!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: Mathraki apartments
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
Hi Di the studios go right through to a balcony that overlooks Arillas and a view out to sea the rear is where you enter the studios from the staircase upto the 3 levels
We stayed there in august and were well impressed by them i have put a link to my webshots album where you will find photos from front balcanony and rear walkway to the studio entrances
 http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565900804jjvIgX

Offline dikerkyra

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »
Hi Tony - thanks so much for that. What fantastic photos!
I was having a problem working out which way the apartments and their balconies faced but I've finally got it now. The surrounding area looks wonderful - quite unspoilt. One thing I was wondering is if the balconies are literally in sun all day or if you get any respite at all any point during the daytime - I tend to seek out shade during the heat of the day! 
Many thanks again for your help and those lovely photos!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:43:35 PM »
Hi Di we were there in August and they did get the sun from around 12 noon onwards but if you sat at the back of the balcony you could manage to stay out of the sun for a while with the table placed to keep it your feet and legs in the shade lol
                                           Tony

Offline dikerkyra

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »
Thanks for that Tony - you paint a vivid picture!

Booking.com