Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel  (Read 13657 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
Hi All!
Had a 'phone call from Dennis yesterday. He arrived home safe and sound on the 29th. via Birmingham airport after a lot of help from the lady that was running a Corfu holiday firm that failed this year, can't remember her name,but it looks as though she will be up and running again next season. I think I got that right! Perhaps some of you will know more about this. He said she was brilliant and realy knew her stuff, much more help than anyone else and she did it all for nothing. Anyway, he intends to book again for May next year for 8 weeks.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »
Was that Nancy by any chance?  I did hear she was helping him with his flight but I thought she was okay with Corfu Escape doing accommodation only now.  She is very efficient I know.

Glad Dennis got home ok.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »
Yes it was Nancy.  She is brill.  We did accommodation thro' her this yr and when XL went bump she sorted everything including waiting at airport all day to ensure we got home and coming back following day to sort matters for us.  Far beyond the call of duty.  Next year she is up and running again, including Bardis Sun Studios and is offering dynamic packages so that you can choose your aiport, accommodation, type of transfer, etc.  She is in the process of arranging matters so watch this space!  Glad Denis got home safe.  W. x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 04:25:30 AM »
Hi!,
You have all got it in one. It was Nancy, she sounds great. I will contact her to sort out my travel arrangements next year. Hope all goes well for her as from what I gather she is quite a lady and will fight for her clients! I wish her all the best for 2009.
Martin.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
Wendy, when you say she will be up and running, what happened this year then... did you have to book to stay with Poppy independently.  I knew that Nancy wasnt doing packages because of the flights etc. but I thought Corfu Escape were ok.  I wasnt aware things had gone wrong for her.

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
Sorry if I confused.  Corfu Escape has always been running but this year Nancy couldn't sell packages so we just got accommodation via her although Poppy does do private too.  For 2009 Nancy is doing dynamic packages - hopefully.  She is just finalising things at present.  Hope this explains it better.  Hope you are both ok.  Sorry didn't get to say bye.  It was lovely to meet you.  W. x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 06:25:28 PM »
Thanks Wendy.... it all sounds good anyway.  We were sorry not to have got to say goodbye too.  Glad to hear you got home ok although it sounded awful..  sue x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 10:46:46 AM »
Forgot to mention about the BS Hotel... our flight wasnt until very late about 11.20 p.m... and Dorita let us have our rooms until our taxi came at 8.00 p.m. FREE!  I kept asking her if she was sure and did she need the room and how much but she said it was ok...  it did sort of work out though as we didnt arrive to her until about midnight - we could have booked in the previous day and counted that in our holiday but I thought it was very good of her to let us have the last day there, we thought we would have to be out at 12. p.m.... what a lovely lady Dorita is!

Offline georgia

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 12:39:47 AM »
Hi blonde girl, know what u mean about spiral staircase..I suffer from vertigo, fine going up but coming down my husband has to walk in front of me with my hand on his shoulder like a seeing eyed dog..ho hum very amusing for spectators...funny thing is if I have a few glasses of red wine...the vertigo does not afflict me!! Do you think I need to relocate to Arillas on health grounds as surely sank my quota of the red stuff in that week, when it comes in lovely opaque jugs and you do not see the level going down on a bottle it seems less sinful!! Hope all good with you. Georgia

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 09:16:50 AM »
Know what you mean about Dorita,nothing is too much trouble.

Booking.com