Snow globe - Help !!!!!

Started by Tickle, September 03, 2008, 02:51:42 PM

Tickle

Hi there,

Can somebody help me please, l bought a snowglobe in Arillas last week for my partners daughter who is 9 and avidly collects them, but it smashed in my case on the way back,  does anyone know any of the shopkeepers in arillas who would be prepared to send me one in the post asap, l can pay by card or send euros, whichever they would prefer.

Many thanks

Mango

Hi Tickle

Do you know whereabouts the shop was in Arillas where you bought it from, ie sea front, or down the side street.

Amanda

Tickle

Hi Amanda,

It was along the side street, it cost 3.50 euros and was egg shaped with a blue base and had dolphins in it.

Thanks

Tickle

Diane x

That just reminds me of when I tried to bring a snow globe back from New York last year in my hand luggage, doh !
We did manage to get it back in one piece in a box that was much too large for it, but it went in with checked in luggage didn't appear at the other end and was delivered by courier a few days later.

angiem

Was is from Yiota's shop, next to the Coconut? - if so, I'm sure she would send you one in the post (she's a lovely lady and speaks very good English but I'm afraid I don't think I've got her number.)

Can anyone else help??

Sandy x

I agree ....it sounds like Yiota and I'm sure she would help. Pity I didn't know before I left yesterday or I could have got you one. Or send Erja a pm....she is coming home on Saturday. She might have a small space in her suitcase.....
Sandy x

Diane x

The lady in Yiota's shop is english if I remember rightly, she was telling us one night about how she moved over to Arillas.

Jo Wissett

Yiota is Greek and is indeed a lovely lady.  We always exchange Christmas cards, she is so lovely with my boys.  She still calls Lewis (now 13) little dirty knees from when he used to crawl from coconut through to her shop in the days before the dividing wall was built.  I am sure she would sort you out but would agree that Erja would be the better option.

Mick and Jill

It may not be soon enough for you but I am going over on the 22nd could get you while I was there and post it to you when I get home on the 29th

Jill
Jill XXX

Diane x

think i am getting mixed up with the shop further up, is Yiota's the one that has bags and t-shirts outside. The one you have to dive in sometimes to avoid the traffic ?

Tickle

Thank you Jill, thats really kind of you. 
You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but l have no idea who Erja is or what sending her a PM means, (l only joined today).  I would try Yiota but have no contact details for her either.
Am extremely envious of you going out there later in the month, it was my first time in Arillas and the tips l got from this forum were invaluable.
Theo at Arillas car hire was extremely helpful while Dimitris at Brouklis kindly talked me through the menu (l have allergies) to let me know what l could & couldn't have.  Wasn't prepared for the stomach churning rides to and from the airport by taxi though, worth feeling green for a while to save time and hassle with the coaches though!

Sandy x

Diane, I think you are getting confused with Michelle from C'shelles?
Sandy x

blondegirl

Tickle, know what you mean about the hair raising taxi rides!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Eileen

Yiota can be contacted at her shop on 0030 26630 51350.  I have her mobile number but don't want to put it on the open forum.  Send me a pm (private message)  if you want me to send it.  To send a pm click on my profile where you will see the link.

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Tickle

Fantastic!  thanks Eileen,

I shall give her a ring as soon as l can, my life wouldn't be worth living if l can't produce a Corfiot snowglobe!!!!

Tickle