Author Topic: Evening Entertainment  (Read 10572 times)

Offline newy

Evening Entertainment
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »
Hi,

Could anyone let me know what the evening entertainment is like in Arillas?

Does it have some quiz, bingo nights are any sort of live acts?

We are arriving for the first time on the 25th August. Cant wait now!!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Evening Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »
Relax in a Taverna and just do some People Watching

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:11:07 PM »
There are choices for you newy. The one we do most is sit in the Coconut chatting, and occasionally dancing to the "soundtrack" till the small hours.

But there is a great and hilarious quiz at Kaloudis on a Thursday. We've come second twice so far. Might win in September!

The reps at Rainbow always try to put on stuff so we hear, though apparently often nobody wants it. We've only been once yet, but just have a read of the thread about it. We had such a geat time there we stayed from 3pm till 1am having gone in for "one drink." Even the Eurovision Song Contest prompts a party there. (Me? i've only missed one of the last 47 of them......... Boom Bang a Bang!)

Malibu bar is the younger focus. Great cocktails and always lively.

But one of the best things you can do is to sit in one of the seafront restaurants and eat a gorgeous meal watching the sun go down. Chat with people - the mood is always friendly. And then maybe try a favourite drink in any of the places around. Chill. Enjoy the peace. In spite of other posts, that is available too.

For a recipe, look at Phil and Jen Day by Day in "Tell us Your Story" It was our two manic weeks in July. Or Jo Wisset's holiday, or JohntheRef and Dot, or Linsey or Nan or.........

You need never run out of peace and quiet or lively living in Arillas. Take your pick. We aren't all wrong..........

BTW we arrive on 27th Aug for four weeks so don't be afraid to say hello. We won't recognise you, so it's up to you!

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 08:32:59 PM »
If you are there on the 12th September (which is when we shall be there) there is the Wine Festival.  Last year at the Horizon we had one night Greek Dancing, usual touristy stuff and then another night was a Latin Night, with a "come dancing" exhibition dance which was nice to watch and then you could join in, so our bit of Salsa and jive came in handy to join in...  I have never seen so many costume changes though which was funny for a 20 min. dance display!

Also, at the Thassala there was a jazz singer one night who was very good. Oh and at one of the bars they have done a Magic Act (if you like that sort of thing!) and also a Frank Sinatra singy likey and he was very good (he came from Hastings LOL).  Makes a change of an evening!

I dont know if there is anything on this year though.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 09:35:59 PM »
Twas pretty quiet on the evening entertainment this year.  'Adrenalin Magic' were not in the 'Bar Coconut(!)' unfortunately. We did however have the pleasure of 'Lee Weller' who sang a wide range of songs one night (questionable dance moves)and a 'live band' at the Horizon which consisted of man with organ!  I still think you cannot beat the Greek night at the Marina on Saturdays as most of the dancers are family members so you really feel part of a great atmosphere.  The Rainbow was advertising their Thurs night quiz night and as Phil says the Kaloudis also have one which is popular.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:24 PM »
We tend to miss them all, though always regret it and wish we hadn't the next day. We are usually making chat in the Coconut bar.

Wine festival might be too late for you newy - it is 12 September.

Arillas isn't hot on cabaret or live stage shows. Live performance is rare, except watching Phil trying to be Rudolf Nureyev in the Coconut.... to Cher. but it does happen as BG and Jo have said.

If you want louder night life, and can afford the fares, go to San Stefanos or even Sidari in a taxi. Have a drink in the Coconut and they will call it for you. Tell Hannah Kostas or Peri that we said so........

Arillas has a laid back night life with many enjoying themselves like we do. The Rainbow is always alive. Malibu can keep you going. But Kavos it is not.

Phil

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 11:01:44 PM »
Check the board at the far end of the beach by the Kaloudis Village.  They have some kind of entertainment on most nights including bingo, quizzes, Greek Night. Have a good time !

Karen.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »
True Karen. And now I come to think of it, Billy is a live act all on his own........

And that was last week in October last year. We danced the night away.

lol
Phil

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 11:42:22 PM »
The Amourada used to do themed nights that were good but they didn't seem to be any when we visited this year.

Karen.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:50:52 PM »
Jo, who are Adrenalin Magic? Did we really miss it? Again?????

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 11:57:01 AM »
I was wondering whether it might be too costly to pay for the entertainment this year.  If a restaurant is quiet then the takings will be down and paying the entertainers (and there are normally more than 1 person involved would stretch their budget), then having said that entertainment/dancers might draw the people in.  Bit of a gamble I think.

We dont mind either way but we want to take it quietly this year anyway.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »
I like it that in Arillas is hardly any entertainment in the evenings as it is a Greek village and not Costa Del Commotion ;)

Life is good ;)

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
Yes, a Greek village and not Costa Del Commotion :D  - I like that quote, Erja, and definitely agree!
lynn x

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 02:34:50 PM »
There's 'live' entertainment every night, everywhere in the wonderful   people you'll meet!!

Enjoy.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 02:51:52 PM »
Newey, I have to agree with everything that has been said so far.

Never be put off talking to anyone, the waiter, the barman, the people sitting next to you, just anyone and you will get lots of entertainment and have a great evening.

Good company, nice drinks, warm night air, the sounds of Arillas in the background and its all free apart from the drinks.

Booking.com