Author Topic: Rainbow bar....  (Read 10799 times)

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Rainbow bar....
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
We've all discussed the restaurants in Arillas, but I must mention the Rainbow bar, Jimmy and Spiros are the perfect hosts and I think its the best place to start a night.

It gets really lively at night and is a MUST.

Please try it and let me know.

Regards Jersey Steve
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Rainbow bar....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »
We will all agree Jersey Steve. Jen and me called in for one drink at 3pm and left at 1am a couple of weeks ago. It was our first time in the Rainbow, and we will be back in 2 weeks time. Jimmy (Dimitris to his mum....) spent ages looking after us, and Spiros was keeping his guests entertained as usual. Young Alex couldn't do enough for us. A fantastic place to spend time.

But Arillas is blessed with many enjoyable places to suit all. There are so many there you can spend two weeks just chasing round after seeing them all. We just did and still missed some out. We were overwhelmed by the affection we were given. No wonder we're addicts.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:13 PM »
I have not been in the Rainbow Bar myself. So i must pay a visit in September although i don't think i can do a 3pm to 1am session Phil  :)  :)

riggers...

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »
I have to agree, Jimmy, Spiros and Alex are three of the nicest people you'll meet in Arillas. We called in every night on our way back to our apartments when we were there in June  and were greeted with 'hello darlings!' by Spiros as soon as we walked in. They always asked what we'd been up to that day and were always ready with advice and info if needed.
Plus of course, the shots kept coming!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:43:02 PM »
riggers, I've got one word...... lightweight.........

lol
Phil (will tell you the whole story in September)

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
We have used the Rainbow bar most evenings for the past couple of years. Jimmy and Spiros are great hosts and try to spend time chatting with everyone. If you fancy a meal then the food is pretty good as well. Also not a bad place to spend time during the day,with the pool making a change from the beach.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 01:01:09 PM »
The Rainbow Bar is also a pretty good place to end an evening too....I'm so pleased to see Jimmy and Spiros getting the credit they deserve - and indeed all the family. Like all our friends in Arillas, they work such long hours and can't do enough to help you. I get off the plane at 10.30pm on Sunday and hope to be in Arillas by midnight and I know where I shall be going straight away.....can't wait to see you all xx
Sandy x

Offline Flynns

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 11:48:26 PM »
We had a great greek night at the Rainbow, they opened up the pool at midnight to the delight of the kids of all ages funny enough !  Always good company and the quiz night was great too, will have to see if they still do this next week when we arrive !  I also remember a rather drunken pool compition but only just !!

Suzanne

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 12:07:39 AM »
Got to admit inthe 10 years we have been going we have never called into the Raibow bar BUT as staying on the complex in September will have no excuse.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 01:24:46 AM »
Hello Flynns...the pool is always open on Saturday nights when it is Greek night. I hope to see you there next week! My moonlight swim in theRainbow pool is always one of the higlights of my holiday....
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »
Always good company and the quiz night was great too, will have to see if they still do this next week when we arrive ! 
Suzanne

They had a quiz night advertised for 10 pm on Tuesday so it still may be a weekly thing.

Negg

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 11:16:46 AM »
They had a quiz night advertised for 10 pm on Tuesday so it still may be a weekly thing.

Negg

AFAIK, the quiz is run by the reps. They had a quiz night advertised when we were there last month, but it got cancelled because the tour operator (Adam), had gone for a night in Kavos.

Still managed to have many a cracking night up there though!! :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
The Rainbow Bar is fab. we have stayed there the last 2 yrs & spent a lot of time there the year before that when we stayed at Jimmy & perrys.

Spiro has a very dry sense of humour & both brothers are excellent hosts.

the quiz night is on a Wednesday night & run by Dee twentyman who does massages etc locally.

The BBQ nights on saturday are not to be missed, lots of food - Greek salads, tztziki, bread, souvlaki, chicked, greek sausage, lamb chops chips or baked spud for 20 euros. Then there is greek dancing & fire dancing then swimming.

The food generally is good, we ate there a couple of times. The accomadation itself is very clean & cleaned regularly by maria.

Anyone going soon will not be disappointed.

Karen

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »
theres nothing the boy,s jimmy & spiros wont do for you so you enjoy yourselves,and id also like to mention there wives who slave in the kitchen to make the lovely meals we all eat ,and also there dad who cleans the pool every day at 630am and the walkways around the pool area...ps try his homemade wine..lol rocket fuel.. hehe...yammas to the rainbow..the boys from afionas & arillas,s party animals..................

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »
Like everyone else, we had a fabulous time with the Anthis family. They really are great hosts. The hours they put in are unreal(like a lot of other accomodation owners). We did catch Spiros one day looking knackered and he did admit he was feeling it a bit on this particular day. But as he said, they can sleep in the off season. It`s people like them that make our stays as rewarding as they are.
       Yammas,   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com