Author Topic: Billy The Greeks boat trip......  (Read 5952 times)

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Billy The Greeks boat trip......
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:54:59 PM »
...an absolute must, head up to the splish splash and speak to Billy,he charges 35 euros a head for the day and takes you out on his speed boat.

Fantastic!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Mango

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Billy The Greeks boat trip......
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »
We did this a couple of years ago, and yes it is fantastic but just be aware if it is still the same he takes you to an Island and there is not much shelter so you need plenty of sun cream and a hat.

I even got to have a go a sailing his boat.

Amanda

Offline jersey steve

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »
He takes umbrellas with him now for a bit of shade or at least he does if you have children but sun cream is a must I agree.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

riggers

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »
Not had the pleasure of Billys boat Trip as Sue can't swim and terrified to go in a Boat.

riggers...

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:57:05 PM »
rigs what a perfect excuse for a day escape...lol.....yammas

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »
I fancy doing that for the day... I cant swim either but I do like boats (except rowing and canoes!!!).  I have some funny stories about our boat trips abroad, something always happens.

I think its the wind! 

One trip in Zante we were taken on a tiny motor boat by a greek teenage boy to Turtle Island near Laganas.  We were left there, no shade, no toilet (as you would expect) and could only sit a few metres up the beach because the turtles were laying eggs.  So a few hours later this young lad came back for us...  we had to scramble across the front of the boat which wasnt easy, and we set off... 2 minutes into the ride back we were being blown down the coast, the wind had picked up and this poor boy had trouble steering the boat back to the beach... we were being buffeted about and it was really rough, no life jackets either.  I didnt realise how worried Mike was as we had our 13 year od with us.  She can swim but is not a strong swimmer and Mike was trying to hold us both upright in this boat. He thought that if we all ended in the water who would he save first... It took about 20 minutes to get back but those winds can be quick and very strong, then we had the ungainly exercise of trying to get off the boat across the front of it again!

The other one was when my daughter and I was in Turkey 3 years ago.  We took a boat trip along the coast... this was hilarious though!  I was sorting myself out with my sarong and was about to sit down sedately on the sun lounger on the top deck when suddenly the boat TOOK OFF!   I lost my balance fell onto the sunbed with my legs doing the Mexican Wave and almost somersaulted over the rail into the sea.  I was so embarrassed as the guy opposite me got an eyeful and more than he would wish to see!  Everyone thought it was a right laugh!

So, I am not averse to a bit of a boat ride but I am careful about the wind (pardon the expression) and take off!   :-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »
That`s brill bg. I bet it would`ve made a good cartoon picture!
Lindypops.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:05 PM »
bg, the zante trip sounds really scary. 

Very funny turkish story, could you look him the eye after, hahaha

Sharon x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
It was one of those moments when you knew you would never meet again so it didnt matter so much once you got over the shock.. well it was for him anyway!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com