Author Topic: galini apts  (Read 21385 times)

Offline PeterLewis

Re: galini apts
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
My wife and I have just returned from the Galini apts and all the praise you see here is justified. 

We are in our sixties and my mobility is slightly limited but were very comfortable. We had the smaller apartment which was perfectly adequate. Super bakery just down the road and supermarket.  Agree Kostas can seem moody but he ALWAYS responded when help was needed. Pool is great and well maintained.  We also made friends with some great people.  Good for children and for more 'mature' as well!  A really well looked after and cared for place.

One grumpier comment.  We did experience on noisy young UK chav and his partner who made a lot of noise - and it can echo - they were next door - and caused some damage.  But we were leaving shortly and it was clear that had it gone on, the rep, Kostas, and the rest of us might have disturbed him too.  Pity when your own people behave badly abroad.  Dont be put off by this - but am trying to be honest here.

Enjoy Arillas - we loved it and eat well and were very very happy.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »
Peter, you can't legislate for young and loud neighbours. We are neithe... Jen and me might have a reputation for Union Jack shorts and beer for breakfast, but anyone who knows us will disagree. We are "warm" and "part of the surroundings." Guilt trip over.

But youngsters on holiday need a safe and welcoming place to go. Arillas provides it. It isn't only about us older ones. Look at the two girls who joined us at Annas in our holiday report.

Mind you, someone else complained about the UK chav at Galini earlier today. Must be the same one. It happened at Christos too in July - see the posts.

But surely we can live with our youngsters? We have to keep trying to accommodate them, they are the future.

So glad you found our place so good.
best wishes
Phil

Offline PeterLewis

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 05:26:03 PM »
Yes, Phil - you're right of course about younger people.  Worked with students all my life so I do understand.   We had loads of youngsters when we were there - full of life, fun, boisterous but there's always one, isn't there.  It was more the damage than the noise.  Great thing about Arillas though was it accommodates everyone with ease without going over the top for Yoof!

For me it's special as this was the fiest experimemt abroad into learning to walk more freely after an accident which destroyed the tendons in my legs. And EVERYONE was just incredibly supportive.

Enjoy!
Peter

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »
PeterLewis

Very glad you enjoyed the Gallini and what a great pity your stay had to be tarnished by people who don't know how to behave abroad.
( And who wants 'em as neighbours in the UK? )

Boisterous can be acceptable, loud and happy can be acceptable but they should not forget they have neighbours who appreciate these things should happen at respectable times to maybe suit all.

Peter
You will, very soon I'm sure, cater your surroundings to suit your particular needs to noise and location. - We did.

Cheers
Negg - Sometimes with walking stick.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »
Glad you enjoye Peter. The apartments are lovely, aren`t they? We had a lovely stay there.
Lindypops.

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
The one thing you have no control over when you book your holiday is who your neighbours are going to be.
Sometimes it is the people you meet and make friends with that makes a holiday a success, on the other hand being stuck with someone that you don't get on with can ruin it. 

We have also just spent two weeks at the Galini and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to our friends or to go back there next year. I would like to think that you would have to be very unlucky to be stuck with any un-desirables at the Galini as it just isn't the sort of place that would attract that type of person.

And one last comment, having a bakery that close to home isn't such a good thing if you have problems with your weight. I can truly recommend their spinach pies, especially in the morning when they are still warm. Unfortunately, I had to make a serious effort not to go there every day.

Cheers, from a slightly heavier than when he went,

Dave.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »
When we stayed at the Galini a couple of years ago there were some really strange people staying there.I hasten to add we are still in touch with them.Had a lovely meal at the Captains with Brenda and John then the next week one with Peter and Evie.Best wishes to all the Galini gang.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
Hiya Lisa!  We had a good time there didn't we!  It wont be the same without you all in two weeks but no doubt we shall make the best of it!!! ;-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com