Author Topic: October in Arillas  (Read 6917 times)

Offline wooly

October in Arillas
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
Hi everyone!!

I'm a newbie so please be gentle with me!

I'm hoping to come to Arillas for the first time in October but I was wondering what the resort is like at the end of the season? Does it get really quiet?

The last time I was in Corfu( about 10 years ago!!) in a different resort lots of shops and tavernas closed down at the end of October.

Just wanted to make sure that enough places to eat would still be open so that I don't starve!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Wooly x

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: October in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »
Wooly,
I will be there from 29th Sept to 20th Oct and it does quiet down but you still may have to book to get in to Brouklis, and be nice to Dimitris. I do not believe places start closing down until the end of October, weather wise it can rain but the bars are open all day and you can always go for a swim. It will be great because I will have my youngest grandaughter with me.
Arillas has a way of making you enjoy yourself :-), Mick.

riggers

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:42:14 PM »
I'll be there too 14th-28th. As Mick says still plenty open. You will enjoy.

Go for it.  :)

riggers..

Offline wooly

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies guys!!

Sounds like it's a popular time to go then and I'm unlikely to starve!

Now I just have to decide where I want to stay...

Thanks again.

Wooly x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:30:38 PM »
We were there the very last week of the season last year.

The weather was awful, but as regulars we found a welcome wherever we went. The Amourada is open and always willing to serve food. Thalassa was but this year cannot say. You will not starve but don't expect too much choice. Tomas at Vavilas will serve you food (beeautiful fish) and there are others.

The front end of October will be different and full of choices. Please PM and I will try to answer your questions.

best wishes
Phil

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
Always go the same two weeks, this years dates 29th Sept to 13th October. As has been said previously, still plenty open, very laid back time of the year - absolute heaven! hope you enjoy as much as we always do
Paul

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 10:04:21 PM »
Hi,
it's one of our favourite times of the year to go. We will be there from the 29th September -13th October. The weather can be a little more changeable but it doesnt usually take long for the sun to come out!

regards Mandy
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 10:46:24 PM »
Mandy - you mean you can avoid philandjen, riggers, and all the other Arillas ghosts....

Went last year in the last week of season and yes, nearly everyone had shut down. The weather is anybody's guess but you can still make a holiday. Just read the forum

best wishes
Phil

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »
Not sure we have ever actually met most of you but there are still usually a number of regulars around this time.

The 3rd and 4th weeks of October places are definitely beginning to close up but we have found the first 2 weeks suit us really well.

The crowds have gone, the service is relaxed, the fierce heat is gone but the weather is still far better than any August in the UK and the sea is warm. Never booked a table yet!

Love the fact that a lot of tavernas have let seasonal staff go and things fall back upon the family. If anything the service and cooking improves. No rush, no fuss.

A great time to make friends.

As Mandy says you may get a mornings rain but the sun burns off any trace quite quickly.

Cool enough in the mornings to have a good long walk.

The last day of our second week in 2007 the weather changed with a hell of a storm. That was the only serious rain we have ever seen there.

Year round you can get a lift up to the Mon Amour in Kavadades, The Coconut is usually open till the absolute last. I'm not sure the Brouklis actually closes earlier then the very end of October.

Other upside is theat the water at Aqualand is as warm as it is going to get. No crowds there either.

Regards
Frank

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline JohnJ

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »
We have been several times for the first two weeks of October and had some lovely weather .  Only the odd hour of rain on one or two days.  Normally clear blue skies and good temperatures.
JohnJ
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
I will be there from the 20th September -14th October
Count the days! :) :) :)

Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com