Author Topic: Horizon Hotel July 2008  (Read 9522 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Horizon Hotel July 2008
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:13:30 PM »
We had our second stay at the Horizon and it was first class. Nick, Mary, Marinos, Spiros ( he drives white Saxo), Spiros (tall with glasses) and his lovely wife Magda (receptionist) , Ada (who looks like Katy from Emerdale) and the chef whose name I have forgotten (sorry) were all helpful in every way.

The buffet breakfast was of a very high standard with a lots of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, croissants, ham, cheese, freshly baked bread, toast, juice and coffee and it was lovely to eat it looking over to the sea. You could pay a bit extra for a full english if you wanted one. Mary was always singing in the kitchen ( she has a good voice) and her baby, Antony, was lovely.

Everyday, the whole pool and bar areas would be cleaned thoroughly and Marino checked on the pool lots of times a day.

We had one of the rooms on the top floor and the views were fantastic, the room was well furnished and the beds comfortable (two singles but pushed together). It was cleaned everyday and the towels and bedding changed regularly.

View from room

You really feel part of the family, when you are at the Horizon, and what a great place to have your last drink at night.

When you consider that you are in a Hotel, that is right next to the sea, with a great pool area, high quality food, a fantastic bar, and run by a lovely friendly family, you cannot go wrong.

Lastly, Spiros and Magda are expecting their first baby in October so best wishes again to them and we will look forward to seeing the baby next year.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Horizon Hotel July 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »
Terry shhh!! I was trying to keep the top floor a secret lol, were you in the left or right of the top floor? we were in the right last month and I have got some fantastic pics just have not got around to posting them.
Ang

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:43:26 PM »
i am whispering Ang, in case anyone is listening. We were in the left one.

Are the pics of things in the room or from the room :-), anyway just get them posted.

Terryw

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »
glad you had a fab time terry as i know you did ,just look forward to 2009 ..yammas

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
Hi Terry,

It is nice to hear, that you had a so lovely time in the Horizon!
I can agree with you, with all what you say!
It is really a lovely place to stay!
You feel home there!

Marika x x x

Here is one photo I make in June.
The Horizon bar where you have your last drink, before you go to bed!
Yiammas :) 

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:36:14 AM »
Thanks for the photo Marika.  I just wish I was there now.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:48:15 AM »
It is a very beautiful take on the Horizon bar. The colours give it a soft, welcoming and very atmospheric feel. Another Marika work of art....

And Terry, we couldn't wait a whole year for another visit. At last we don't have to. But it will be a long long winter....

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
Terry, is it just me of have you omitted your full holiday report??? I can read your Horizon write-up but so far have only read snippets from your stay. This is simply not good enoough, especially being our techno expert on here!!

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 01:32:07 AM »
Thanks for the photo Marika.  I just wish I was there now.

Me too Terry!

Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Booking.com