Author Topic: Need a bit of help  (Read 8006 times)

Offline andym

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Need a bit of help
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:45:26 PM »
Hello all

This is only my second post and i already need some advice. We are going to book 2 weeks at the Kaloudis Village apps for end of next june.  Could anybody give me any info about the said place. Is it very busy and what sort of age group do you get staying there. I am not that old, but still dont want hundreds of kids doing bombs in the pool, not that we will be spending much time there, but it does look very nice and all the reviews are good.

Any information would help.
                                           Many Thanks  Andy

riggers

Re: Need a bit of help
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »
Hi andym.

We always go to the Kaloudis in June (the mid 2 weeks). It is a great place to stay (spotless). Pratically on the seafront. You don't have to worry about hundreds of kids because there are not many apts, mainly studios for 2. It will be out of season anyway, and Billy the owner is quite strict. ha ha, you will have to meet him to know what i mean. You will love it.

riggers..

We are going 8th-22nd next june.

riggers

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:26 PM »
Hi andym.

It will be out of season anyway,

riggers..

sorry i meant not school holidays.  oops

Offline andym

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:43:34 AM »
Thanks riggers, that has put my mind at rest. I hope to be going over on the 26th. A couple of other things you may be able to help with. Do the rooms have any cooking facilities or is it just beds and bathroom. How many rooms has the place got. One last thing, is it always as windy as it looks in the videos.

Cant wait to go, it sounds brill

riggers

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:58 AM »
Hi andym

I don't know how many of you are going? , but if you have booked a studio for 2. There is just one very large room with 2 beds and kitchen area, plus a small room with shower and toilet, sink. The cooking facilities is a cooker, grill with 2 rings and you have a fridge.
The Kaloudis is great, but i think everywhere in Arillas is fantastic.
You will love it.

riggers..

Offline andym

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 01:00:21 AM »
Hello again

There are four of us going, booked two rooms and thanks, they sound really good and we are all looking forward to going so much.

Thanks for all your help

Andy

riggers

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »
No probs, that is what we are here for.  :)

riggers..

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »
Hi AndyM

Our Kaloudis expert has answered your questions, but we can endorse what he says. We stayed last October and loved it. Roomas are pretty standard with 2 ring cooker (never used in our case!) fridge etc. Ieal for 2. Also go there in July from the beach for a cool off at peak times, and no way is there any hassle.

The wind issue - the wind can get very intense but not all the time. Sometimes, like last week it can be very still and extremely hot for days on end. Then for one day still hot but extremely windy. It has a varied climate throughout the season, but July/August always seem to be hot and sunny.

Hope it helps
Phil

Nan

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »
C'mon Riggers  whats this about Billy being strict surely not daily drill by the pool? Although some might actually like it ;) We are thinking of the Kaloudis for the end of June next year aswell. Was asking Phil for his advice, we arrive 8th August and stay at Mathraki for the first time so perhaps I should try before I buy? Make sure I love the place as much as you all do... gotta go to workies now blast ..tara Nan

Offline andym

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »
Hello Phil

Thanks for the advice and we are going to book today, sounds really good.
I will be sure to post if i need anymore help, no doubt i will.

Thanks all
                   Andy

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »
Hi Nan and andym

There is an amazing wealth of knowledge on this forum, all with different angles and experiences. I doubt anyone who knows about their bit will not try to help newcomers either by posting or Personal Message. Feel free to PM me for specific things that might not interest the rest as a post. I will always tell you if I know the answer.

Nan
Mathraki is well reviewed in Accommodation section, and 100% positive. We spent a lazy Sunday 13th July by the pool there and were well looked after by the lovely family. We had a good natter to them, a few beers and a "Sunday lunch" of huge baguettes and saganaki (grilled feta cheese.) The whole thing cost us very little, and was all perfect. It is just round the corner from Thetis Palace but we didn't get that far! Just too peaceful and lazy. Only about 6 of us round the pool. You'll love it there.

andym
Kaloudis is a bit more lively but no way "pool drills" and so on. Billy is an absolutely wonderful character with a wicked sense of humour. Their pool is just as spotless as Mathraki and the welcome just as good. You'll love it there too. But you can always wander off to anywhere else you choose for a change. That's one of the special features of the local businesses.

best wishes
Phil

Booking.com