Author Topic: Distressing  (Read 4091 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Distressing
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
I have had a wonderful holiday in Arillas and I have many things to write about, but Helen and I were very distressed about a horse at the Mirage Hotel and I hope this post can either put our minds at rest or someone can take action to ensure that the horse is OK.

This is the horse

The horse was tethered in the grounds of the Mirage Hotel with no water and no shade. You can see that its bones are showing due to it being so thin, and it was moved to different places around the Mirage complex. We were told that the horse was used to keep the vegetation "tidy" but this may not be true.

It could be, that the horse was well looked after and could be thin due to an illness.

So...

Has anyone else seen the horse?
Are the owners of the Mirage aware that the horse looks so thin?
If you are about to go to the Mirage, please check on the horse and try to get it more shelter and water.

I am sorry that this is my first post after the holiday, but when I checked my photographs yesterday, I was shocked to see how thin the horse looked.

I hope this post can help to ensure that the horse is well cared for.

TerryW

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Distressing
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »
hi terry, we saw it too, it wasn't there our first week though, we just noticed it one evening when we were out for a stroll, actually it was the night of the music festival, so we thought someone had brought it over then for some reason!
nice to meet you both by the way!!
ger x

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:06:38 PM »
Hiya Terry !
Good to hear you had a great holiday.
The last 2 year's we stayed at the Mirage apartments and the horse was always there.
We made a point of getting him (or her ) a bag of apples everyday when we were there and always made sure his bucket was topped up with water.
The folks from the Mirage kitchen also go out to feed him.
We rather imaginatively named him "Horse".
I thought the same thing when we first saw him as you and thought he was in a sorry state.
But I think he's knocking on a bit and the times we've been over to feed him he seem's content (not that I know a thing about Hosses)!
Yamas !!
Hope I don't burn !

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Didn't see him when we were last there and when we did see him last he looked in perfact health. If I had been in your place I would just had to have found out more even if I got a flea in the ear so maybe it's a good job I wasn't. Hope some one can shed some light on this. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
Hi Ger,

It was  nice to meet you and your hubby, and I think we did have quite a good laugh on our first meeting outside the Akris.

Hi Barry,

Your reply has made me a bit happier about the horse and I know that Helen will be pleased when I tell her tonight.  Yammas.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:43:38 PM »
Terry, great to see you back, you have been missed!  Cant wait for a full report.

Sharon x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »
terry, you mean you are going to tell helen you have been on the forum, and not pretending to be slaving away at your desk all day!!!
yes we did have a laugh that night, it was lovely to meet you both
ger x

Offline MarknJade

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 10:15:31 AM »
Hi Terry,

The Horse arrived at the Mirage in our 2nd week (about the 9th June), and just appeared in the middle of the night !
It belongs to Nikos (Mirage) and Georges (Malibu) Mum apparently, and she often takes it from place to place.

I know that Nikos checked on his water and fed him at least 3 times a day, but the weather in June was not particularly hot compared to now, so the shade must be an issue.

Hope you had a good time.

MarknJade

Maggie

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
Hi Terry, We too saw the horse. I think it is an old horse, and it's maybe thin cos every animal on corfu is thin.lol. No, really, they are.....
 I wasn't too worried about it, as it was always eating when we passed by, but i did think it might have liked some shade occasionally.
 It was nice to meet you both, but you forgot to buy me that drink!!!!! lol....

( I hope you had a great holiday).

Booking.com