Author Topic: Arillas Bay Apartments 2008....BEWARE!  (Read 79600 times)

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Arillas Bay Apartments 2008....BEWARE!
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
We can only hope that this is an isolated incident, attributable to the one individual. In which case we should take not to blow this out of proportion.
I noticed that Olympic use the phrase "  Arillas is renowned for its beauty, friendliness and the honesty of the villagers." on its website. We can only hope that in the majority this remains the case and that one bad apple etc etc
Having said that it would be foolish to ignore the warnings and we will take care not to leave anything of real value in our room.
Does anyone know if safe deposit boxes are available to hire anywhere, as our accommodation doesn't have them.

Dave

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »
Hey John, well now the other couple involved in being moved have also posted ‘robalysha’ So guess we are both making it up according to Thomas Crook (correct spelling in my eyes if the are denying it all) I suggest when you get there and if you have any complaints, speak to Jayne the TC rep for the AB and ask about Gary/Carolyn, Rob/Alysha and Steve/Kate from the B block (30 June – 14 July) you will surely be able to see in her face with that info if there is a cover up. I think Jayne will be fine though as she even after our move stopped to chat with us in the Malibu Bar on her night off to see if we had settled into the Akti okay.

Good luck and enjoy.

Dave------the Akti has boxes as does the marina. We used the marina, 10 euros a week open 8am till about 11pm. They even ahve a safe if you take the crown jewels with you :-)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
All this has just made me be sure never to book with Thomas Cook, their attitude towards all this is disgusting.  And the bad apple isnt a villager its a bl**dy albanian!  So the honesty of the villagers remains intact.

Sharon x

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »
I'll be keeping my crown jewels with me..... :)

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »
I know it sounds stupid but the idea of buying an apartment block in Arillas isn't really a bad one, Tropicana is for sale for 530,000 euros. It has a pool, a snack bar and 2 studios and four apartments on site at the moment. That means that if 48 of us chipped in about £10,000 each, we could have a fortnight in Arillas (between june and september) per investor each summer for the rest of our lives! Five or six years of family holidays and you've made your money back. If you found good staff they could readily manage the building based on the profits from the pool bar and probably cover the running costs too. Sod Thomas Crook, Anyone in?
http://www.ionianrealty.com/tropicana.html

P.S. there's some other cheaper ones on there too without pools

P.P.S. I'm only joking really, If you sent me money I'd probably spend it on wine, it was just a nice thought!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
I hope your first job would be to paint the outside of it then.....I hate that colour.....lol
Sandy x

Offline graham

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »
Traditional White with Blue Lintels it is then Sandy, You in?
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »
I'm told traditional Corfiot colours are cream with green shutters.....
Sandy x

Offline graham

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »
I was just assuming white and Blue because they are the colours I see everywhere I go in Greece. I'm open to offers though so Green and Cream if you prefer Sandy! LOL While we're at it you can even pick which drink you prefer the Bar to stock!

Offline MicK-G

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
We stayed at the sea breeze last year. The apartments were basic but okay. The appartments weren't spotless but they were habitable. I used to give the bar a wide birth as is was dirty and smelled of cat pee. My daughter came home with a nasty ear infection. I can't say it was from the pool as she's gone into other pools as well. The owner was miserable chap and he shouted at me one day because the wind had blown the door causing it to slam. I enjoyed our holiday but tended to spend our days either on the beach or at Mirage who have the best pool. They're quite happy for you to use the facilities as long as you buy some drinks or meals and it's only a couple of minute walk from sea breeze. I know that you shouldn't have to go elsewhere when you've paid your hard earned money. Having said that we had a lovely time and are due to fly ouot to arrilas 4th August for two weeks. I had heard that last year that the owners wife had died, since then the appartments were said to have deteriorated.

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 06:45:31 PM »
Hi all, well, having been to the travel agents yesterday and them denying there was a problem. They said ring the tour operator. So i rang MANOS!!!! What a rigmorall! hanging on the telephone on hold with music without music. Eventually i was told if i didnt want to stay at AB i could pay to be moved, so i said lets look at some alternatives then. There were none. There will be 15 of us travelling so not an easy job when it is split down to 5 different lots, i myself need a room for four sorry they say only available at AB. So the outcome is we will be staying put. Manos said they are not aware of any problems at the moment but will monitor the situation. So i say to all the people that have stayed there or are going,if you booked through Manos, write down everything times dates etc so you can claim compensation if warranted. I am not happy about the situation but seem to have come across a brick wall, but i will not give up and the horrible person spoiling all these holidays will not put me off Arillas.  Love Jill x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »
Graham

We go way , way off this posting here but when you mention buying! - Well!
Eggs ears begin to flap.

Take the Calypso for example - Look it up on the Ionian website.
First floor rooms to rent , which could be easily upgraded. A taverna beneath plus office space to rent. Land size gives room for a pool ! - Plus a house linked too the sale.
340,000 euros, or offer. - So near to the beach! - Bargain !

Wegg and I can't afford it , but a small group of people? - Well !  -  Food for thought?

Negg

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »
I think someone hit the nail on the head on here about the travel agencys having no idea about the existence of this forum.
They are obviously used to all their customers splitting up and going their seperate ways after the holiday.
Then they can turn round and say that "you are the only one that's complained".
But when the great people on here are all in touch and sharing their information it turns us all into a sleeping giant !
Various folk have said that T.C. have denied theres a problem.
Remember that all the comments on this forum are dated and can be quite easily corroborated.
And as someone said already "forearmed is forewarned".
I think that maybe T.C would get a shock if they knew how many people have shared information on here about their lacsadaisical attitude !
I really feel for the people on here who are now worried about their upcoming holiday.
I hope you all have a great time and that this is all sorted by the time you go .
Power to the people !       (On this forum )!
Hope I don't burn !

riggers

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
Oh dear i have just realised the football shirt i am wearing on my avatar has TC on it.

Don't shoot please, it's not my fault..

riggers...

Offline Vaughan & Angie

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »
Riggers we will let you off if you give Albion 3 points next season.

Booking.com