Author Topic: Teenage Kids - who would have them!  (Read 12254 times)

Offline robinm

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Teenage Kids - who would have them!
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
It's 2 days since I joined this forum and have found the topics and postings really interesting. We arrive on the 18th July and we are really looking forward to our stay, however our 2 children, Chloe (16) and Jack (14) are already asking 'what can we do there'? So all you Arillas regulars is there anywhere teenage kids can get together - they are both pretty laid back and having just completed her GCSE's Chloe definitely needs to 'chill' - I know we do!!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Teenage Kids - who would have them!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
Don't worry....they will LOVE it. My two grew up in Arillas - Ben (24) is there at the moment and Lauren now 26 is going next week.
There will be loads of other youngsters there as it is school holidays and there is always a good atmosphere....they somehow meet up with each other. The Malibu will be the strong pull and you will probably soon be complaining that you are seeing nothing of them.

My problem was always the curfew and that of course is up to you. I always gave the threat that if they weren't home at the apponted time I would walk into the Malibu in my nightie to drag them out.....only happened once so it had the desired effect.....lol
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:05:31 PM »
LOL... reminded me of Flo and Andy Capp :-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
I always gave the threat that if they weren't home at the apponted time I would walk into the Malibu in my nightie to drag them out.....only happened once so it had the desired effect.....lol

:D I wish I could of seen that *LOL*
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:41:54 PM »
Suffice to say....my teenage son came home very quickly.....and didn't stay out beyond his curfew the rest of the holiday....lol.

One has to be inventive with teenagers. I once had a crowd lurking on my wall outside my house - drinking, smoking, making a noise, dropping litter etc. I put up with it for several weeks. Then I opened all my windows wide, played Beethoven's 9th Symphony all evening at full blast...... they soon scurried off... and never came back!
Sandy x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:45:07 PM »
Sandy, you are a legend :D
Life is good ;)

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
Im 14 and this is our 5th year, i love corfu and i can asure i know already plenty of people my age going who have been going for the past years same time as us. i took my friend jade last year you can see us in my profile picture im the one with brown hair. We go on the 25th of july so u will probly see me. Where are you staying?
Danni
x
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline robinm

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »
Hi Danni
Thanks for the info - Arillas certainly seems to be a bit 'special'. We are staying at the Thekis apartments. Looking at your picture I am sure Jack will spot you!
Robin

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 06:21:17 PM »
Thats if my Lewis doesn't first!! ha ha.  Seriously though, Robinm they will be fine.  Mine have grown up there and Lewis is a very old 13 but cannot WAIT till 18th July.  Like Already said, the teenagers tend to prefer the Malibu but mine equally like chilling with us in the Coconut which is right next door. The Thetis has had some great reviews on here, I'm sure you will love it.  Our roving reporter Eggy knows it very well I believe.

Offline robinm

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
Thanks Jo - I am sure they will have a great time. I have got to say we are really looking forward to arriving on the 18th July - actually it will be early morning on the 19th as we have a very late flight out of Luton!!
Robin

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 06:36:15 PM »
Yes us too. I think we land at some ungodly hour like 4:15am.  Will only be 2am on our body clock so hoping that its not toooo bad..I prefer getting there at night thought so you can wake up to a full day.

Offline Mrs Egg

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »
My daughter and her friends had all their holidays in Arillas too.  It is not so much where you go as the people you meet.  Once they were 13/14 we used to let them roam around doing pretty much what they wanted.  Only one or two scary moments.  I did walk down to the Malibu at about 03:00 one morning (but not in my nightie Sandy - you saucy thing!) only to find that they had met up with some Polish teenagers and were playing cards in their apartment.

Don't you just love the way they fall in the front door and then say "SSSHHHHH.  WE MUST BE QUIET BECAUSE MUM WILL BE ASLEEP"!!  Ah bless!!

Mrs Egg

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 12:19:30 PM »
We are also going on 18 July and have 5 teenagers in our group 1 boy 4 girls with ages ranging from 13 -17. i am sure they will all meet up at the coconut or malibu. The internet room between the two is also popular. We have been the last 4 years and had a fab time. We also go to the water park aqualand although we might try one of the others this year! i will leave it up to the kids
Annie

Offline robinm

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:38 PM »
Hi Annie
Look forward to seeing you all.
Robin

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »
My son Jack is coming once again but he has turned into Kevin (from Kevin & Perry).
He's 15 now so I think it's all those hormones etc !
Hopefully he'll meet up with some lad's like he did last year.
Hope I don't burn !

Booking.com