Author Topic: Last minute deals in August - experiences?  (Read 3848 times)

Offline FranC

Last minute deals in August - experiences?
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »
Hi all

Having decided to forgo the usual early summer sun I am now craving a holiday away. The only time I can get off is at the beginning of August but both flights and packages are very expensive at the moment. I was thinking of leaving it til the last minute to see if I can get a late bargain. Has anyone done this in August before? I don't need accommodation but I know sometimes there are some really cheap allocated on arrival deals at the last minute that can be cheaper then flights. As I'm an organiser and haven't tried doing it this way around before any advice would be gratefully received! Do you get late deals in August?

Thanks
F

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Last minute deals in August - experiences?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
I've tried to get a late holiday in August about 3 years ago and nothing was available never mind cheap.

Offline justjen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
We got good last minute allocate on arrival deals for August in 2002 and 2003 (Majorca) but with fuel prices as they are wouldn't like to say how you'd get on this year. Where do you fly from? - We got good prices for September from EJ last week but for Corfu they only fly from Gatwick. You didn't say but assume it is Corfu where you have accomodation.

Cheers Jen

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:27:50 PM »
We found Arillas last year on a last minute deal
£208 each for 14 nights

Booking.com