Author Topic: First timer  (Read 34244 times)

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Re: First timer
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 04:12:29 PM »
thats a great tip with the water i will write that one down

jo you made me laugh with the sheets in the freezer lol

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
The thing i loved about Arillas when i first arrived was that everything was in close proximity, you never had far to walk to get to where you wanted to go!

You will have a fab time in Arillas when you get there, everything is just fab, the beach, the pools, the food, the people, you really will be spoilt!

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:42 PM »
Blimey, all this information about the tranfers makes interesting reading!!

We arrive in the early hours of the morning on Tuesday 29th July, about 1 a.m-ish I think, and we're booked with Thomas Cook/Manos.

Sounds like booking a taxi is the way to go, any recommendations as to where to book??

Anyone want to share a taxi??? :)

Quack

Offline nell

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 01:17:28 AM »
Hi my first post here but our fourth time in arrilas - will be staying at gallini from 19th july think we may have met jeff with a g at mathraki last time we were there - look forward to seeing you all
nell and colby

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 01:18:56 AM »
Have a great time nell...
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »
Have a great time Nell!  We loved the Galini.. very good location!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »
Only just found this thread, and as a first-timer (29th Aug), I have a couple of questions.

Are there any boat trips that go from Arillas jetty itself, rather than having to go somewhere else to get on a boat? Do love my boat rides, specially if it's rough!!

The "Heritage Walk" marked on the map, is it nice? Is it far? Where does it actually go? Is it very hilly? I like walking but not too strenuous!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »
As far as I know I have never seen any boat trips actually leave Arillas Jetty (someone can inform you as to the nearest which is probably Ag. Stef or Ag. George Nth), we wouldnt mind doing that though from Arillas.

I think the Heritage Walk is no longer if I remember rightly, but you can still take nice walks up the road towards Afionas.  Eileen or Sandy might be able to help more there.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »
Life is good ;)

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »
We have just come back from an excellent two weeks in Arillas.
Our transfers went very smoothly, we were dropped off in Sidari and a taxi arrived within minutes to take us to Arillas. On the return trip we were taken to Sidari by mini-bus and the coach to take us to the airport arrived about 20 minutes later.
If this is typical of Olympic I wouldn't hesitate to use their transfers again.

The Galini was as good as we could expect for the money we paid. My only grumble would be that there was a lack of drawer space. Another small unit would have made all the difference. Otherwise everything was fine.
The bar was a little quiet in the evening, some nights it was empty and the temptation is to call for a drink somewhere else, which then doesn't help the Galini.

I have just one question- The sea was really cold when we arrived, over the next two weeks it warmed up really nicely but on the last day when the wind had got up it changed again and went really cold. I don't realy understand why the sudden change in temperature.

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »
Ah-ha DD!! The Great Greek Drawer Mystery!! I know this well, you find it all over Greece.

You get a MONSTER wardrobe with loads of empty space inside but NO shelves, and NO chest of drawers. Plenty of space to hang your evening dresses and dinner suits (LoL), but nowhere for your piles of T-shirts and shorts!!

Offline proto

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2008, 12:00:52 PM »
I was only passing by Arillas on Octomber 2008 as I got acommodation in Ipsos, 12 km to Kerkyra. There are a lot of wonderful places in Corfu, and Arillias is one of them. I'm looking forward to come here next year, as I felt I left my soul back there in Corfu. The live webcam is a great ideea, as it helps me keeping connected with Arillas. I just have to watch the live broadcast, listening greek music, and this it making me feel better. See you next year, Arillias!
proto_popitoricescovici@yahoo.com

Nan

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2008, 11:17:35 PM »
Oh dear Proto  you are hooked! You said what a lot of people feel about Arillas. It's a special place and the webcam is great just before you go out to work in the morning!  Real incentive to save up for next year See you soon

Cheers Nan x

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 03:24:45 PM »
proto your hook just like me and the wife this year back next year in may

Booking.com