Author Topic: Wedding Blessing July 2009  (Read 7219 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Wedding Blessing July 2009
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »
I wondered if any helpful forumers would help me in my dream to have my wedding blessed next year (our 15 year anniversary).  Ideally, I would love to use the a church (or even the beach)and then go to the Dionysis restaurant in Afionas - simply stunning setting afterwards with family and friends. 

I just dont know where to start!! oh - and you are all invited to the coconut afterwards!!

Offline Colin & Mandy

Re: Wedding Blessing July 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
You could try www.corfu-weddings.com   We never got as far as booking, but made some enquiries with them last year and they seemed to be able to accomodate what ever you want, but not cheap!!

Hope this helps.

Colin & Mandy

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:48:08 PM »
Jo, what a lovely idea. 

I know that there is no requirement for an 'official' to oversee a marriage blessing.  Maybe to take the stress out of planning the event yourself you could ask a wedding planner to oversee the arrangements?

Here are a few that I know of...
San Stefano Travel. Ideal and local for weddings in San Stefano/Arillas. Tel: 0030 26630 51910 Email: info@san-stefano.gr

Local British Wedding Co-ordinator:Greek speaking and experienced in arranging weddings on Corfu. Contact annekantas@hotmail.com

The "Casa Delfino" Hotel Apartments Agios Stefanos. Tel: 0030 26630 51629. Mob: 0030 693 2248389
Winter Tel:0030 26610 41460,. (they organise and hold weddings here too!)

Corfu Weddings: email info@corfu-weddings.com Tel: 0030 2661076890 Mob: 0030 6978049755

Ms Lilianne Filia Charitos : Charitos Travel, Tourism & Cruises S.A. Tel: 0030 26610 44611

Corfu Dream Weddings. Tel:0030 26610 57165

Good luck,

Eileenxxx

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »

How romantic Jo!!
That sounds wonderful. Have you been thinking of doing that for a while?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:02:18 PM »
Jo - contact Noula at San Stefanos travel....she is an expert. She helped my friend's daughter with her wedding (as did Dimitris) and that took place in Afionas.
Sandy x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 01:22:25 AM »
Jo

Get in touch with Kevin.g , he is having a blessing for his 10th anniversary on the 30th June

Yammas

Dave

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 01:32:01 AM »
hi jo
i have sent you a pm if you want any info dont hesitate, ill give you all the contacts you need ,if you want to do it yourself,if not contact sally or noula at san steph travel and they will do all ,with me it wasa budget thing but it gave me great joy in seeing it come together,.....yammas

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:21:59 AM »
Hi Jo does the invite include donut man lol ;-)     (only jesting )
                  Tony

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
Thank you so much for all your replies.  Really appreciate it. You kept that quiet kevin G didnt you, or have I missed something?! Some great idea's thank you.  I think the DIY version will be preferable as I doubt I can pursuade my dad a second time:-)Yes Becky it is something I have been thinking about for few years now.  Eileen and Sandy, a wonderful mine of unfo as per usual thank you and Tony, I somehow think that I will be losing mr donut man's invitation....

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 12:33:10 PM »

It all sounds really exciting!
You must let me know how it all goes, what kind of things you're planning etc.
Will it just be the two of you or will you have other family members there as well Jo?
Good for you & Kevin G too!
Great to know that romance is far from dead :-)

Becky B x.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »
Hi Becky

I cannot wait! I have given an open invite to family and friends so I am really hoping that they will join us.  It will be lovely to show my sister and her family this place that we have been raving about for all these years! My mum and dad came with us a few years ago and they really liked it.  The best thing is that this time my 3 boys can be part of it all which will be so special to me. Oh and there is a chance to get a dress again!! As for my darling husband, he is my absolute soulmate and I love him more and more each year (Yes, i know vomit!).  We had a scare this year when docs found a shadow on his lung which thank god turned out to be pneumonia so it is all the more important to me that we can have this ceremony.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 01:40:16 PM »

Although a new dress is somthing not to be sniffed at, it's very clear why this Blessing is so important to you & your husband & I found your reply really moving.
The great thing is (having been through an obviously deeply unpleasant experience together), you've learnt to appreciate & not take each other for granted.

I'm so excited on your behalf & I hope as many of your friends & family come along to support you & wish you well - & by the way Jo, you better be providing us with lots of lovely piccies to drool over!!
Becky B x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »
Hi Joe, Pete and I have been looking into it for a blessing in May 2009 as it will be 40 yrs. Got a letter from Rev Clifford Owen this morning and he is leaving Corfu (mad) and he says all enquires are now to go to his successer in January. Will send you more info by pm if you need it.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 04:58:17 PM »
Thanks viv, yes I would appreciate that when you get it.

Booking.com