Author Topic: Anywhere for a Dance?  (Read 10825 times)

Offline Toni

Anywhere for a Dance?
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:04:52 AM »
Hi everyone, hope everyone is ok. this month me and my boyfriend are going on holiday for the 1st time together, (and it will be my 1st actual real holiday!) we are young but not the clubbing type, thats why we chose Arilas because we read such lovely reveiws about it and liked that it is not clubby. BUT we would like to go somewhere one night for a dance and wondered if anyone knew of anywhere? Thank you for your time :D from Toni x
x Toni x

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Anywhere for a Dance?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:09:51 AM »
Hi Toni. Happy holidays to you both. I`m sure you`ll enjoy your holiday. You will find loads of info via this forum. Pm me if I can be of help.
Lindypops.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:39:32 AM »
I have seen people get up and boogie in Coconut and in Malibu. But for dancing I have gone further afield to Acharavi to give my bad leg a turn on the dance floor ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »
Mike and I dance, mostly modern Jive Ceroc so jump at the chance to have a go when the music is on.

Last year at the Horizon they did a Latin night,( having been to those before on holiday and finding out it was Flamenco we were a bit disappointed), we had a great time though at the Horizon because it was Salsa.  They had a cabaret first of all for latin dancing then they would get you up and dance and it was sort of freestyle after, we were dancing to anything and it was great fun.  I dont know whether it would be the same this year, I suppose it depends if they get the same people booked.  If they do then we definately will be there.  It really made a nice change from sitting all day and night and getting the old bones moving again.

Never danced in the Coconut or Malibu as we are a bit too old to be dancing around my handbag now ;-)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justjen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Hi Toni, welcome to the forum.

We've often danced in Coconut and Malibu (you're never too old BG). Phil will dance anywhere! (on the beach, in the middle of the road, Tescos....).You will find quite a mix of music in both (old and new) so if you don't mind that go for it. I think there are some places in Sidari more geared to younger tastes if you fancy a cab ride.

lol, Jen

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »
I agree Jen, but after dancing def. steps and moves you kind of get out practice with the old solo stuff, although once the music starts I cant sit still.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »
Good on you phil....I'm the same....much to my children's embarrassment.....there's often a spontaneous bop at the Rainbow. You're never too old to dance as my dad proved when he got to arillas in April.
Sandy x

Offline justjen

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
Exactly Sandy - well done your dad (the kitchen is as good as anywhere).

When we visited my sister recently she showed us photos of her and her hubby jiving whilst on the cruise they went on to celebrate his 80th birthday! Unfortunately he fell off a ladder last week so it's no dancing for him for a while

lol, Jen

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »
He does well then at 80 to jive and be up a ladder.  Good on him, but hope he recovers soon.  I hope I am still dancing at 80!  That would be funny to watch I know!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
Arillas Dancing?

Just waltz along the sea front, skip along the pier, twist on the sand, rock'n'roll in the sea,    have a rumba in the Coconut or a samba in the Malibu.

You might be lucky and bump into some forum members, so you could do a Highland fling with Eileen, a limbo with viv, some ballroom with Patrick John, a clog dance with sandy (if she has her crocks on), a Pasa doble with Eggy, a Lambath walk with smiffy, a jig with phil, a lindy dance with lindypops, a mambo with mango, and if you have any energy left a last tango down at the olive grove. :-)

Can anyone think of any more dances?

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
Can anyone think of any more dances?

Don't forget to Cha Cha with Phil and Jen and Go Go dance with the terrible Finn's :D
Life is good ;)

Offline justjen

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »
How about a Salsa at Thalassa, Lambada at Amourada, Conga at Kaloudis and a Bop in a shop Terry?

lol!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »
Can we have the Go Go dance with the terrible Finns on video please? I can the capture Phil and Jens Cha Cha in July.

I just need more proof that Britain has got talent.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »
LOL Terry, x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 05:18:18 PM »
Can we have the Go Go dance with the terrible Finns on video please?

Oh dear....I hope not but you never know :D
Life is good ;)

Booking.com