Author Topic: mozzy nets  (Read 9985 times)

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
mozzy nets
« on: March 29, 2004, 08:36:23 PM »
Hi,i was just wondering if anybody out there could please HELP me. :cry: I know you can hire mozzy nets in arillas and i know you can buy them from Boots but im not sure which to do.i cant figure out how you attach them to your bed. :oops: If anyone can help i,d be very grateful. :D Thanks in advance. 8) cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
plug ins
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 12:26:26 AM »
hi carol
never tried the nets always used the plug in tablets which we find work the best.
norm sandy

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
mozzys
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 07:46:57 PM »
thanks for your reply norm and sandy.ive got those plug in things.had them last year as well but got bit on my eye.and they nearly ate robs ankle.thanks for your help.cx

socfho

nets
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 12:12:16 PM »
I got bitten to death last year - we had candles & spray - waste of time!

Me personally will try mossie net AND plug ins next time.

The little g*ts seem to love my blood  :(

marie Gibbon

mozzy nets
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 03:04:28 PM »
hi carol,
when you get to arillas go to alex supermarket and buy fly spray its called Fuzi - i think - we used it last year and they go down straight away its not like the fly spray u buy here niether its got a kind of floral smell to it. spray it just before u go out and wen u come back they will be dead!! :wink:  8) love marie xxx

Marie Gibbon

mozzys
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 05:14:05 PM »
8)   Thanks very much for the advise marie.il have to get some. :D  cx

corfu-acharavi

Mossie Nets
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 12:15:33 AM »
Hello All

I have just discovered this site.  It's great.  On the subject of mosquito nets, a new company has started in Acharavi called Knight Angel Nets.  Website is www.knightangelnets.com

They deliver mozzy nets to various locations.  It's a fact that night time is the worst.  I live in Acharavi and run a bar.  I couldn't do without mine.

Kind Regards

Kev
Planet Olivewood Bar Acharavi Corfu
www.planetolivewood.com
www.corfu-acharavi.com

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
mozzy nets
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 11:52:29 PM »
Hi Kev,Thanks very much for your advice.Ive got abit of my own now.Ive just been reading the sun newspaper (Fri 23rd april.04) page 17.and apparentley the SAS have discovered that using Avons Skin-so-soft Woodland Fresh hand and nail cream or the Woodlands moisturising body spray,it wards off MOSQUITOES. :D I'll give anything a go.I got bit on my eye last year!!!!  :evil: and their not getting me this year!!! :twisted: hope it works. :lol: cx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
mozzy nets
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »
Hi Carol,
I used to wonder why the mozzies never bothered me, then I read a couple of years ago that in Canada the 'Woodland Range' is a very popular deterent.  It does have a distinct strong scent, but I used to always use it because it reminded me of my 'singles' holidays many years ago. It's a bit like when you catch a whiff of coconut, you immediately think of summer and sunshine :D
Now I realise it had 2 uses, slinky looking legs (once upon a time) and mozzie repellant (only use now!)
I hope you can find an Avon Lady. :)

Eileen.

Hrolf

Nets
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 01:23:46 PM »
Mosquito nets are normally hung from the ceiling to cover the bed

Offline helen

mozi nets
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 07:27:42 PM »
carol, :idea:  i've heard that if you eat marmite...... the little "mites" dont bother you. i dont know if it will work but i'm definatley going to try this. might have something to do with the aroma coming out of your pores, like garlic does???. you what they say they'll either love it or hate it!!!           :idea:

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
mozzy nets
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 07:37:35 PM »
:x without a doubt Helen i hate it.i think i'd rather be bitten to death than eat that stuff. :(  thanks for the advice thought,like you said you either love it or hate it and i'm sure theres people on this forum who love it and they can give it ago.i just hope i cant smell it like the mozzies can!! :lol: cx

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
mozzy nets
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 11:13:31 PM »
8) Helen,
             I have definately noticed that the more garlic I eat, the less I get bitten!!      Ivan

Offline Jenandbob

Bites
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 11:21:56 PM »
Jenny, just registered, love Arilas, going again soon, best thing for bites is Aven Skin so soft Dry Spray, try it.  Have you been to Arilas?

Offline Jenandbob

mozzy nets
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 11:24:50 PM »
Jenny again, meant to say Avon, bad typing.

Booking.com