Walk to Sidari

Started by ings, May 25, 2008, 04:20:07 PM

ings

Can anyone let us know how long it would take to walk to Sidari?  We met a couple two years ago and they said they walked it in 15-20 minutes.  Looking at the map it looks like it would certainly take longer than that or is there a track that would be more suitable than the road?

Thanks

Ingrid

riggers

I don't somehow think they walked it in 20 minutes, maybe they are thinking of San-stefanos....

riggers...

ings

Thats exactly what we thought  Riggers - people do get mixed up with the names!  Any idea how long it would take?

vivian

About 7 miles to Sidari from Arillas so I will let you work that one out.Even to San-Stefanos I think it's going some. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

justphil

You would need jet-boots to get to sidari on foot in 20 minutes! San Stefanos would take that from Christos apartments (at the very top of the hill) and more from the sea front in Arillas.

We used to get a bus to sidari to get money out from the bank. Thank heavens for the ATM in Arillas! Now we can spend that time in the Coconut....

best wishes
Phil

PaulnMaria

We walked to Sidari on a hot day in August about 2 years ago. It took us around 2-2.5hours. We had apparently taken the long route and stopped for a break in Avliotes but I don't think that the other route is much shorter.

Mick and Jill

We do this walk every time we are over in Arillas. We go through San Stephanos and follow the round through Avioltes, sure it took us between 2hrs 30min and 3hrs.  Nice walk but need plenty of water with you, we always get a taxi back though.

Jill
Jill XXX

justphil

Wish we could walk like we used to.

These days Jen finds a walk of 100 yards to the pub a trial.

Used to walk 25 miles in a day. Oh well - there are compensations for getting old, but we've still got to work out exactly what they are. More drink, food, weight??? Arillas seems to help...

Phil

riggers

Nice to hear about this walk, will definately do it...................  :)  :)

riggers..........................

blondegirl

That sounds a tad too far for us. San Stef. and Afionas are about our limits I think.  I would like to walk inland a bit, past the Tria Adelphi and see what is there.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.