exchange rate

Started by briant, May 10, 2008, 08:34:51 PM

Maggie

I used my nationwide card at the atm in arillas last year with no problems. I didn't inform the bank that I would be away, not sure i will tell them this year either.

M n M

Maggie, like you I am with the Nationwide and they only say you should inform them if you are using a credit card when you are away, I've never had a problem with the debit card anywhere. I will be using it again in June and October. Mick

blondegirl

M n M  I can remember also being told by my bank to inform them regarding your CC.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Eggy

Exchange is still hovering around the e1.24 / e1.25 here.

Negg

raff

CHEERS Eggy.  still better then U.K.  time to start keeping a close eye on it now.

angiem

Anyone know what the current exchange rate is in Arillas?

Eggy

Angie M

e1.246 this afternoon.

Cheers
Negg

angiem

many thanks  Neil

Angie

Antonis

I decided to take traveller's cheques, and change them in Arillas, for what I expected would be a better exchange rate. It was so; 1.20 to the pond in the UK, compared to 1.24 in Arillas. HOWEVER, I had to pay 2% commission in the UK, and yet another 2% commission in Arillas, so I was no better off. Last year, in a larger Greek resort, with perhaps a greater range of banking facilities, I got my cash commission free. Arillas proved worth the extra few euros though!

RUSSELL

I got 1.225 today at Thomas Cooks in Sheffield town centre just a bit better
then M&S rates.

Mike and Debbie

If you take cash and exchange in Corfu do you normally pay commission or does anyone know where it is commission free.

Eggy, can you please keep us updated on a daily basis to the exchange rate in Arillas.

Cheers

Mike & Debbie

P.S. 5 weeks and counting

Sandy x

I think most places in Arillas charge 2%
Sandy x

TerryW

I got some Euros this weekend at M&S and took advantage of their £10.00 voucher when you exchange £250 or more. I did £250 on Saturday and £250 on Sunday and Helen had £20.00 off her clothes. The £10 back gives an exchange rate of about 1.257.

If she buys more clothes next Saturday, I will get another £250 exchanged.

Eggy

Yesterday was e1.252 and the commission on any money changed is 2%.

I think, with the two busiest months looming, that it may break the  e.1.26 barrier.
( But I've got all the Euro 2008 results wrong, so far, so what do I know? )

The Barclays Bank account, we used to have in the UK,offered us commission free euros and Travellers cheques plus free holiday insurance plus a few other perks.
( I think we paid £5 monthly for alll these privileges )

So we always bought T/C ' s with us and changed in Arillas.

Cheers
Negg

Eggy

e1.242 in Arillas today people.
-------------------------------

Booking.com