Author Topic: My Summer 2008 holidays  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: My Summer 2008 holidays
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »
Lovely report Sandy - I had tears of joy running down my face when I read about your Dad doing a jig in the kitchen.  I could just imagine how you felt to be in your own piece of paradise after the long wait.
Fiona

Maggie

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 10:57:47 PM »
I'm so glad you enjoyed your first visit to your new home in Arillas. I really enjoyed reading that too. We are also staying in our own place for the first time this year, and i know we will love it!! It's very exciting, and now i'm really hoping that you have some pics to share with us all on the forum. (And i'm also hoping that one day my mum will see arillas, she's 83.) I shall tell her about your Dad, and it may encourage her a bit!

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »
Hi Sandy!

Your post is lovely!
You had so  much work in your new house,
but I am very glad that you enjoyed and had also a very nice time in Arillas :-)
with your dad (wow, in that age, lovely!) and your friend.
Yes, it is not easy to fix everything in two weeks,
but you will see, good things need time!
So at the end you will have a beautiful home on Corfu :-)
I can't believe that this two weeks run so fast!.
I remember like yesterday that I wished you a very nice time in Arillas :-)

Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
What a homely post Sandy,I now have this vision of your Dad doing his little jig for joy that will become a special memory for you every time you walk in to your kitchen this summer.
Ang

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »
glad you had a good one sandy.....yammas

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 11:50:05 PM »
Excellent post Sandy. By the end of the season,there will be loads more holiday stories related here. Best wishes, Paul D and Heather.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 12:31:07 AM »
It brought a lump to my throat reading your report... lovely to hear it all went well and what lovely memories you will have of your dads visit to your greek home. Efharisto for that Sandy!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »
what a fantastic feeling it must have been sandy, stepping into your house, and what memories you will have of your dad! it sounded wonderful
ger x

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
Sandy it was a pleasure to read your post, and congrats on moving into the villa you must be over the moon. Its a wonderful feeling and i look forward to hearing about your further trips in the future. It would be lovely to see some more pics of your wonderful view a lovely place.

Weldone and hope to see you out there in the future.
kinhdest regards Mandy, frank and kids
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline brenda n john

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »
Sandy, loved reading your post. all sounds so exiting. Your dad sound as if he really enjoyed himself, well done to him at 89. Here's wishing you well in your new home.

brenda

Offline justjen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 09:40:24 PM »
Hi Sandy,

Do you have any pictures of Dad in Arillas? I'm sure we would all love to see them

lol. Jen

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 12:33:05 AM »
Just caught up with all that....thanks everyone. Yes, I do have some pictures of my dad but I'm so useless with all this technical stuff....my daughter was furious we never got round to getting him on Picture of the Day....never mind...there's a;ways next year!
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:46 PM »
OOOO Sandy, We felt excited for you before you went but now after that lovely report, fantastic. Went up to your place 2 days after you left and all the mud was gone no sighn at all of the quadma and the refugee escape that you made with your darling Dad. Shame we didn't have more time together for a real natter but its just how things go sometimes.
Just one point was that Tuesday that you went for the forum meeting 6th because Lynn and Colin turned up as well as Martin and Eggy and myself.
Im not even going to try and post a report just to say we had a lovely time with some good friends and even tough Pete wasnt well and  had to spend a day in bed we got some good R&R on the beach. We would also like to thank Dot & Bill for getting us lost, nowght like it for seeing Corfu. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »
Hi Sandy just caught your lovely post, glad things went ok and your house is getting sorted. Your post has made me wish July would come sooner then I can hopefully stay in my house for the first time really excited now you must have passed on new house bug.
Hi Vivian glad your hols was ok even if Pete wasn't too well is he better now? Did you manage to find the bay in Kassiopi or did my directions get you lost? xx
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »
Pete is well now Thanks. Didnt get time to try this time will next, I think we would have found it with your directions.
 We were walking up the road when friends picked us up and they were on their way to find a petrol station opened as there was none to be had localy at all because of the truckers strike, We adventerly found one but by then didnt have a clue where we were, went through some villages we had never heard of and got a few funny looks (as if to say "how mad are you driving round here")It was great fun finding our way home and we got to see the real Corfu. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com