Author Topic: Virtual Arillas sessions :)  (Read 9480 times)

Offline xkrchnav

• Feel free to call via skype
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Company wherein I work.
Virtual Arillas sessions :)
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm quite new here. But I tryed to find a note about skype here, I wasn't successful. I have an idea. In this internet modern technical and whatever we want to call this era the world is becaming smaller and smaller. But still a lot of us can't afford to have more than 1 holiday a year. But to stay in contact with friends here in arillas or everywhere nowadays it is possible to create voice conferences for free. Even video conferences if you have also camera. When I was chatting with few of you I've noticed that skype is not known as I thought. It is free program which allows people to speak via internet for free. For more information and dowload please visit this:
http://www.skype.com

What is the idea? What do you think about virutal Arillas sessions when we are available and want just share our thoughts with others. Free general friendly discussion :). For the more we can create also public skypecast. It allows to join our discussion for everyone... But this is a bit sound of future. Maybe very near future it depends especially on you! I'm looking forward for your feedback :). Nice day.

I wish you All the best!
Jozef

btw: my skype id is also xkrchnav. bye
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Virtual Arillas sessions :)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »
Hi Josef

Thats a good idea. I don't have a skype ID yet, but I will sign up this week and then we can have a practice. Its a good job you can speak good English.

Just imagine having a public skypecast with someone sat in Brouklis and you could hear all the sounds of cutlery on plates in the background.

Also, Eggy could give a news bulletin everyday from the Coconut Bar. Just imagine hearing him slurp his Ouzu!!!!!

TerryW

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
That's exactly right! It would (and it hopefully will) be fantastic. And the best think if someone is living near to the sea - so that we can hear authentic sound of sea waves :). Beautiful. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
I skype my friend in Crete and my nephew in australia... just trying to get my mum connected just right now in fact!  I am multi tasking, dont ask me how!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:47:30 PM »
Im also on skype address viv_middleton

Stay Nude it ante rude

Maggie

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
I thought I was useless with computers, but I downloaded skype, bought a webcam, and now I use it to talk to my brother and sister-in-law in Minneapolis. It's brilliant, cos they have a new son, and it's so lovely to see him 'in real life' instead of pictures.
 And I can't believe Terry doesn't have it!!!!!!!!!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »
And I can't believe Terry doesn't have it!!!!!!!!!

I have always had video chats with the grandchildren and other family members using MSN so I have never really thought about using Skype at home.

But, I have signed up now and my ID is terrylwarner. It just goes to show you can always learn something.

I have also done something else this week, that I have never done before, setup a facebook account. I thought it wasn't something for an oldy, but Nikos and Marika set me off on it in chat on Monday night, so I set up the account then.

Skype and Facebook in two days, and I will now look forward to the first Arillas Skypecast.

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »
I'm nicely surprised by your support of this. It is great. I've added vivian and Terry. Hope we can talk soon and then negotiate time suitable for most of you to have nice conversation together :). I'm looking forward to meet you virtually prior to meeting in person in Arillas :). Have a nice day again!

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Maggie

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »
Well done terry. I must admit, I thought facebook and bebo and all these things were for 'youngsters'. I may just look into them further now. (how embarrassed will my kids be if i have a 'facebook')???lol

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
Hi Jozef and Terry, I have managed to sort the problem out this end so will be on tomorrow afternoon as babysitting in the morning. Shame Jozef had some difficulty understanding you today Terry but im sure we can overcome that with  patiance and practise. Until tomorrow afternoon and if anybody else that has skype can be on line please join us, the more the merrier. Viv
ps. Marika I havent spoken to you for a long time. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
It was really nice to chat to Josef at lunchtime although I think it was a bit of a surprise to him at first. We were only talking for about five minutes but it was very thrilling. Josef is really nice person and I thought it was a unique experience to speak to someone in a different country and to have something in common which is the love of Arillas. It also helped that he could speak English.

A really good idea Josef and I think it will be another, well used,  source of communication for us all.

I will look out for you tomorrow Viv.

Maggie, you don't look or act old, so get that Facebook account set up as soon as you can. You can write a nice message about football on my wall then .

Marika, how do I write on your wall?

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »
Terry,

Just go to Marikas profile on Facebook and there is the the wall that you can write to. Then there is an application called super wall which allows you to post videos and all sorts :)
Life is good ;)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:19 PM »
Thanks EEG,

I might have to write on your wall  as well. This is all very new to me and I have a lot to learn. I feel hypocritical now, because I used to moan at the youngsters at work when they were on Facebook. No wonder they called me a miserable old git :-)

I can't wait for the first Arillas Skypecast, and wouldn't it be good if someone who was on holiday in Arillas, could join in as well.

Offline xkrchnav

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 08:35:15 AM »
That would be great! To have someone with arillas waves sound in the background ;).

Yes, maybe I was a bit surprised. But probably it looked like that especially, because I was at school. And it is not very usual to speak in English so you can imagine that faces staring at me that time :). Now I'm at home till 11 GMT. Then again from school. But it uses to be empty while fridays. I have an accoun on facebook too. But I have to admit that I'm not very familiar with that facebook things :D :D. Have a nice day. I look frorward to hearing from you everyone.

Jozef
skypeid is also xkrchnav

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
Just spoken to Jozef and it was extremly good line, for somebody that say's he dosent speak good English he did very well indeed and I hope he enjoyed our conversation as much as I did.
Hopefully next time we speak there will be some one else in our Arillas family as well, maybe even the Boss altough I know he is very busy for the season now. It would be great to get a few countrys on at once. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com