Walk to Makris Apartments

Started by ings, April 06, 2008, 06:19:23 PM

ings

Hi, my name is Ingrid and I am new to the forum but not new to Arillas.  Have been several times and usually stay at the Mathraki apartments.  Last year had a change and went to St George South but decided to come back to Arillas this year!  We are staying at Makris apartments and have been wondering which is the quickest walk back from the Coconut Bar.  I think probably it is past Sea Breeze and past the Heritage walk but my partner seems to think it would be quicker to go up the main road past Rainbow etc and round the bend.  Or does anyone know of a shortcut?  Any feedback would be good.

justphil

ingrid hello lover (Somerset - no insult intended)

you will get real answers from forum members about that half of the village. Jen and me are experts about falling in hedges up the road to San Stef and still have to experience the other bit, and are so looking forward to it Dimitris. Get our galactoboureko ready please....

Just love the idea you are planning your escape route from the Coconut. Many forum members including Eggy will be watching how that works out. We all have a desire to get home with some dignity left. Or maybe we don't!

Jen and me had a lovely chuckle reading your post.

Answer - the shortcut is to have another Black Russian, and then they will all be shortcuts!

lol
Phil and Jenny

ings

Hi phil and jen (my lovers!!) I am from Zumerset as well (Bristol) and me partner is from Bath.  Thanks for the reply and we have already gone the shortcut/black russian route and you are right - every route is a shortcut after a few!  We are going last week of June so if anyone sees us two in the Coconut wearing wellies you will know we are planning our escape over the brook!  It will be good to be back in Arillas and see Perry, Maria, Kostas and Anna again.  Are they all OK?

Sandy x

I would say it's six and two threes having stayed there myself and staggered up to Makris on the odd occasion....you are about diagonally opposite Makris from the Coconut. There is a short cut if you go up past the Rainbow, the Bakery and Gallini.....you can cut through the Eleni apartments on the corner...I think it may be called Paradise....Eggy knows it. It cuts the final bend out but you do have to watch out for the dogs sometimes.

The good thing is however drunk you are and whichever way you go....you'll get there eventually!
Sandy x

ings

Dogs??  Does that mean we are likely to fall over them or get eaten by them?!!!!!

Ang

Ah what memories...trying to find the quick way back to those apartments..please dont start me off on this one,however I think the best way from Coconut is.. turn right follow road ahead  to Rainbow  stop off for a quick one and say hello (this may last an hr or so)off we go again.. left right right left opps ..focus.. follow the road bearing right with a torch in hand!! (try not to loose it) keep walkiing back towards the beach..ooops there it is on the left.
Now going from the coconut hang a left  ..need to do this quick or you will fancy a stroll along the prom and lose all bearings and find ones self at maybe the horizon and stay an hr or so..keep left round bend (beware of on coming walkers trying to get to the front for a romantic midnight strole)
then keep going a good 10min and there it is on the right.Well thats kind of how I remember where it was back in 1996ish(but there was no Horizon then but remember bar where THALASSA is today the one with the funny artex)
Great times hope that helps
Ang

ings

Thanks for the info Ang, seems like there is no actual shortcut but the brook is still looking good!!!  or not!  Thanks again

Ang

Ings..did I mention the brook!!! thats the bit I didnt!!you see my daughter and I  did the main road route...2 hrs later we were calling for him..sshhh!! "Daddy "DADDYYYY!!!, it was only from our sshshshhh calls(trying not to wake people)that he was able to get a bearing,...wet, muddy, scratched ,bitten, he emerged from the wilderness..as I said we took the main road approx 15min.One of my many happy memories
Ang

Sandy x

No you won't get bitten or eaten by the dogs but they do tend suddenly to appear if you walk through there in the early hours....
Sandy x

blondegirl

all totally mad but very funny!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

justphil

Sounds good to me Ang....

lol
phil

Mike and Debbie

Hi Ingrid,

When are you going, we are also staying at Makris (our 3rd year). As someone has already said i think the quickest way back is head for the bakery and cut through the Eleni apartments and past the coach shed.

thanks
Mike

ings

Hi Mike & Debbie

We arrive in Arillas on 23rd June for 2 weeks and are counting the days.  When do you go?  This is our 4th time but as I said it is our first time at the Makris.  Roughly how long do you think it would take to walk back via the Bakery etc?  We are not at all daunted by the walk but would just be interested to know how long it takes.

Ingrid

Sandy x

Depends how drunk you are....lol! I'd say about 15 - 20 minutes....
Sandy x

justphil

Hi again, Ings

To answer your question, yes Annas Kostas and family all seem to be very well and happy. We exchange emails now and then and they are all very busy working up to the new season.

They are a lovely family, and can't say enough good about them.
Phil