Author Topic: Yiannis Apartments  (Read 11040 times)

Offline Manda

Yiannis Apartments
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »
Hello all, firstly, apologies for not writing this review sooner (we were Arillas virgins August 2007!); especially after all the effort everyone made trying to find some info on these apartments - so here goes.
Yiannis apartments are next to Thomas's fish restaurant (Vavilas), set back slighty from the road. It is recently built, and finished to a very good standard. We had 2 double rooms, interlinked by a door; and because they were 2 separate rooms, we had 2 of everything - 2 showers, 2 toilets, 2 fridges etc.  The rooms are very spacious, with more than adequate self catering facilities and a large balcony overlooking the tomato vines (I think most rooms face this way and if you are on the upper floor as we were, you have a lovely view of Arillas). The rooms were clean, well kept during our stay, and nothing was too much trouble for Yiannis. The only negative I can say is that the rooms didn't have air conditioning last year, although the 'pipework' was in place and Yiannis told us that he would be having air con fitted in the near future.  We hired 2 large electric fans just to keep the air circulating at night.There were mosquito nets over the beds (a must in high season), but I think these apartments would benefit from mozzie screens on the balcony doors. Tip of the day - Dont Forget Your Mozzie Repellent and Bite Remedy - if you've missed a bit of skin with repellent, the little buggers will find it and feast! Back to the review - Half way through our first week, there was a knock at the door one glorious morning; Yiannis had come bearing gifts of fresh tomatoes from the vine that morning (I watched one of his family picking them while my kids slept and I sipped my coffee!), and also a huge tub of olives. Whether this is an ongoing ritual with guests I'm not sure, but fresh bread, tomatoes, olives and omlettes for brekkie set us up for the day. All in all, very nice apartments, clean and comfortable - a pool would have been nice, but you can use any of the pools in other hotels, and theres one slap bang next door at the Vavilas apartments. We spent most of our time at the Bardis Sun, the Marvel and the Horizon pools. By the way, as Yiannis apartments are self catering, there are no bar/snack facilities, but we didn't find this a problem once we'd stocked the fridge.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Yiannis Apartments
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »
That was a good review Manda.  We have often walked past these apartments and wondered what they were like.  we thought they were rented out by Swede/Dutch/German tour companies.  They sound really nice.  Its always good to know of other accommodation.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »
A really good review Manda, as Sue says it's always good to know of other accommodation.

I always think it helps to make your holiday just that little bit more special when the owner brings you a little gift...this only ever seems to happen in Greece. :-)

Is there any chance you could share Yiannis contact details with us...lol or even better a photo of the outside or inside of the apartment!

Eileenx

Offline JustL@@KiN

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Arillas Tourist Map UK
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
Eileen, Tut Tut I'am disappointed in you ;)

Yiannis Studios on the MAP, I think.

Manda, Could you confirm this for me ?
Author Of Arillas Tourist Map UK - http://arillasmap.awardspace.co.uk/

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »
Eileen, Tut Tut I'am disappointed in you ;)

Yiannis Studios on the MAP, I think.

Manda, Could you confirm this for me ?

Lol...I'm disappointed in myself too...of course they are how could I have thought otherwise! ;-)  Hopefully Manda will post the contact details for you to add...or have I missed them too?

In fact now that I see them I remember them from when I stayed in Thomas's Bungalows...which are lovely too. :-)

Eileenx

Offline nicmccluskey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
Hi Manda
I agree it was a brill review you wrote. My husband and I have been going to Arillas for the last 5 years and we are returning this summer. Last year, Yiannis gave us his business card with his details on so we could fix up our 2 friends with his apartments. When we went to look at them we were rather jealous to say the least! We would like to contact Yianni about booking these this summer but unfortunately, we have lost his card! Any way you could help? I realise they are on another website, but if possible, we'd like to book direct as we're hoping to go for 1 month. I understand last year he was struggling to fill them and we'd be only too happy to oblige ( even better if there's no 'middle man'!!)
Thanks

Offline Manda

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
Well here we are, June already! Its only taken me 3 months to reply to any questions about Yiannis apartments! Apologies for that, but me being a shift working girl, I tend to lose track of time! Back to the subject - unfortunately I don't have Yiannis contact details, but I do know that last year he appeared to be in charge of the waiting staff at the Sea Breeze (whether its another part of his empire, I'm not sure!), so he could be contacted there. Also, he's good friends with Olga of Olgas' Travel, so she may be able to point anyone in the right direction. Sorry I'm not much help, but I lost all Yiannis contact details when I switched mobile phones! Me and technology aren't the greatest pals!

Sadly, we won't be visiting Arillas this year (doing the disney thing this year now the kids are older!) Hopefully though, next year we shall be Arillas-bound for a chill-out holiday.

Happy holidays all

Manda xx

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 04:44:28 AM »
Giannis Appts are lovely.  Wouldn't stay anywhere else.  Phone Nos are  Mobile:6934776812  and land line 2663051680 plus international codes.  Really lovely family, and Giannis, when not farming, works at Graziella.His sister Angelike and husband Nico have the Mirage.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 09:32:01 AM »
Thank you TJM. :-)

The contact details are duly noted.

I didn't realise that Angelike was Giannis sister so thanks for that little extra snippet of information.

Eileenx

Booking.com