Author Topic: Alone in Arillas  (Read 4166 times)

Offline JC

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Alone in Arillas
« on: March 07, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »
Hi to all Arillas Addicts !
I am going back to Arillas in August (11th-25th), staying at Seabreeze/Arillas Bay Apartments.  I've been five times but never alone before.  In the day I'm absolutley fine - only want to swim and read read read - but I'm worried about the evenings.  I'm 58 and not a party girl, not looking to 'pull', find Coconut bar a bit noisy and intimidating, prefer the quieter end of the bay.  Is there anybody, singles or couples, who'd like to join me for a meal, a walk by the sea, a few metaxas, a game of cards or scrabble ? (See, I really am sad ...)
It would be great to hear from people.
JC

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Alone in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:37:40 PM »
JC...the first thing is - you will never be alone in Arillas. My friend and I will be there with my sister and brother-in-law from 18 August so we will look out for you. We very often (!)...mostly always....eat at Brouklis and you will usually find us later having a lemonade at the Rainbow Bar. You can always be sure of a warm welcome there from Jimmy and Spiros and BBQ night on a Saturday is a good night to join in there. I've been on my own several times in the past....you'll be fine.
Sandy x

riggers

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
Lemomade Sandy??.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »
Hi JC. I can see where you`re coming from, and hope that you have a lovely time there. If we get there at the same time as you, I will meet up. Not sure when though yet, as I`ve got 2 of mine getting married.  I love the end of the day in Arillas, watching the water etc. Say hi to all at The Sea Breeze for me. Yiannis knows me as Loopy. My other name. Bfn. xx
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »
Welcome JC
I'm not sure if Sandy plays scrabble but, if she does, the board may look like this:-

B
            TW O
                  T            P
                  T            L
                  L            E
               R E T S I N A
                  S            SOON
                                E    O
                                    KWIK

(Although I'd challenge the last word )

You'll be fine in Arillas and, if you find the Coconut/Malibu to hectic in the evening there's always the Amnos where you can relax. Maybe post your picture so if, you think you spot a forum member and don't want to impose it may give others a chance to introduce theirselves to you.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Hi JC,
       I've been in that position a couple of years ago, I came out a couple of weeks before Avril, my wife, and stayed on another week after she left. I found that if I  was prepared to be out-going and, for example, speak to the people at the table beside me, there were lots of friendly people in Arillas. There again Avril says I contribute to the plague of two-legged donkeys in Arillas, along with Eggy!
                                                Ivan

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 02:32:56 PM »
Two bottles of retsina eh, Eggy? I assume that means one for you....cheeky thing!...x
Sandy x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
PS Talking of scrabble....a kind friend gave me a new set of scrabble for Christmas for the house in Arillas....it's being shipped out there along with Marika's pictures (and a few items of furniture!) as we speak. So JC, if you can make it up that hill to Kouklospito....there's a board there for you. I might not be there...probably stuck in some bar somewhere...lol
Sandy x

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »
You`re right Ivan. It seems easier and more laid back there to pass the time of day with people, and to chill out.  I think it`s good to say hello etc, and also to respect when someone wants to be alone. Me, I could talk for ever, in case you`re not sure!
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »
Sandy!

I might not be there...probably stuck in some bar somewhere...lol

Is it the resin that sticks one down to the chair or the wine bit? Have always wondered....
 And didn't you just love Eggy's scrabble board. Jen said it could be worth about 80 points!

love
phil

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
Negg very funny scrabble board, JC you will be absolutely fine. 

Sandy will look after you and any other forum members you are lucky enough to meet.

Dont know yet if i'm coming to Arillas alone or as a couple, am really struggling to get the dates in May that I want.

Happy Holidays

Sharon x

Offline moi2travel

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
You will be fine, as someone else said, the rainbow bbq on saturday night will be a
good way to make friends, as there are no tables for one !!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 04:06:41 PM »
Sandy!

I might not be there...probably stuck in some bar somewhere...lol

And didn't you just love Eggy's scrabble board. Jen said it could be worth about 80 points!

love
phil

Bit of a shock there Phil - I read that as being worth 80 PINTS. -Whose buying?
Negg

Booking.com