Author Topic: arillas.com my view  (Read 98171 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: arillas.com my view
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »
I run a Winter Darts League here.

Or thought I ran a Winter Darts league here.

Some times it feel's like there's me and 34 league organisers!

But offer them the job? - No takers.

Funny ole game.
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 11:00:54 PM »
And very well Eggy. 34 orgnisers? Ever heard of hangers on? It's yours. Ask the supporters - we know.

See you soon.
Phil

Offline Robert Taylor

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »
Dimitris,

My wife and I have visited Arillas for the last 9 yrs and immediately fell in love on our first visit.
We visit your page every day of the year just to get a look aat the peace and tranquility. Not that we could not remember it, but each day makes it a day nearer to our holiday.
We really enjoy the "Live view" and the different locations of the camera. Could you please arrange for the lens to be cleaned as since the last drop of rain it has left marks on the lens.

Robert Taylor

Offline BBB

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »
Some one has to climb on the roof of the Horizon Hotel to clean the lens! We have had rain recently with a red dust which has left all the cars etc. very dirty. More rain possible next Thursday or Friday so it might self clean.

Online Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:46 PM »
Dimitris, I fully understand and support your views. You are a very sincere gentleman who is doing a fantastic job for Arillias and us. Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »
This is an old thread but still relevant. Facebook (I call it Facetube, or just Tube) has altered the way in which we Arillas folk interact. Now we can get instant gratification, replies or even news in real time. Some, like my Jen, just hate it but still watch our forum. 

I have tried hard not to dominate the forum since last autumn, reducing my immediate reaction to post in everything and get to know everybody.  And I have robbed Dimitris of celebrating the first member to make 5000 posts. Thank you Boss. I couldn't have coped with that. I am not here for me, but to be part of our Arillas community.

This website, arillas.com has carved out a unique place on the internet, with values and attitudes that Dimitris has upheld and agonised over during the years. I still believe that it is important to be a part of it. Long live arillas.com

Phil

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »
Phil
As someone who is IT challenged I suspect I have missed a lot of this discussion.So lest I exhibit once again my ignorance all I will say is that I regard the forum as my link to all of you and to Arillas.
If that means that I am out of the loop sometimes that is just a shame.
Oliver.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:50 PM »
Facebook has its place. As you know, I`m part of it. Most of us belonging to the groups on there, however, began life on arillas.com.
  This is the place to come for dedicated Arilliac information. Long may it continue.
                      On FB, conversations can take a different tack, which I like being part of. I also know that many of you will never entertain using FB and prefer to catch up on here. I have no problem with that. Each to their own and all that.

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
Paul
"each to their own and all that" absolutely.Wasnt meaning to be critical of other social networks.
Just saying that for old fashioned guys like me the good old forum is my source of pleasure!
Oliver.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:34 PM »
I'm on Facebook (and the Arillas page) but still seem to come here to see what's going on in Arillas and read the posts of others. Whilst Facebook is more instant, this is a far better arena for discussions, requests for information and ooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over photos. It somehow feels more like home from home, Arillas via PC!
Looking forward to the real thing though in about 6 weeks!!

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
Oliver. In no way was I thinking you were being critical, just informing us of your opinion.  Which is what this forum is all about.
   Have to also agree with Steph - it IS Arillas via PC.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »

No Facebook for me yet Oliver, I just love this forum and find it ticks all the boxes I need for now.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »
I am glad it is still important to so many.

I have feet in both camps. I interact with folk on FB, people who I would never do so without it. The truth is I spend far too long reading FB. Forum used to be a couple of posts, live life for a while, and then read replies. Nowadays the Corfu, Arilliac and local friends on Facebook dominate my precious hours. The live-life bit seems to have disappeared. But it is in such an addictive way that I can't let go. Facebook makes it so easy to be there.

In July, when I am actually there rather than dreaming, I will post Arillas Today on my forum. Inside me, that is where I feel most comfortable.

Phil

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
Phil - where you spend your "Virtual" life is entirely up to you of course, but for me FaceTube is just too impersonal. It's run as a BUSINESS, and quite why so many people post all their personal details and discuss so much private stuff is beyond me. Don't they realise that FB uses ALL of it??? AND they keep it too, just 'cos you delete a post or a message don't think that they haven't already got all the information that they want from it.
This Forum, on the other hand, is run by a REAL PERSON, whom we all know personally, and it is done for entirely altruistic reasons.
Give me Arillas Dot Com ANY day - this is where REAL friends are made, you don't need a "Friend" button on this site, we are all friends by default.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 03:07:44 PM »
you don't need a "Friend" button on this site, we are all friends by default.

!!!!!! Absolutely!!!!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Booking.com