Author Topic: Webcam on Horizon  (Read 44128 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Webcam on Horizon
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2008, 02:08:22 PM »
Dimitris,

The specification of the new webcam looks very good, and I can't wait for it to be installed. Do you know of any current live webcam's that use the same camera. I have had a look but can't find any.

I did find this site ... http://www.webviews.co.uk/Greece,2,10,3,20,4,30.html  and found that the Arillas webcam is not listed.

This one at Jersey is good and it is one that be controlled remotely ...

http://www.jerseyinsight.com/std1b_1.asp?category=3&id=11775&id=7796

EEG,

I think you should walk to Leicester Square one lunchtime and give us a wave from this webcam ....

http://www.webviews.co.uk/england/london/leicestersquare.php3

Lastly Dimitris, I can see why you have declined the offer of funds for the webcam and I am pleased about the request for help towards the weather station, but you can go to bed everynight with the knowledge that you have developed the best holiday forum in the world.

Efharisto

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
Folks
Dimitris has still accepted our offer of all proceeds from the CD sales though.
( On conditions that I never volunteer to fly a plane ? )
Negg

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 03:26:32 PM »

Lastly Dimitris, I can see why you have declined the offer of funds for the webcam and I am pleased about the request for help towards the weather station, but you can go to bed everynight with the knowledge that you have developed the best holiday forum in the world.

Efharisto

Well said Terry! 

Lol Negg, x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »
EEG,

I think you should walk to Leicester Square one lunchtime and give us a wave from this webcam ....

http://www.webviews.co.uk/england/london/leicestersquare.php3

Unfortunately no lunch or posing to the webcam today as I am off to my dentist shortly :(
Life is good ;)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 03:57:02 PM »
EEG - i hope you get on ok, it doesnt seem that long since you were there before!

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
count me in with any donations, this forum is the only thing that keeps me sane in between visits to the real thing!!!
i must buy the cd this year as well
ger x

Offline holliepos

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
How and where do we buy a CD?

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »
Dimitris, just let me know how to pay, when you want it and how much you want.
Due to having had to retire I spend just about every day on the forum just reading and looking around on the site, it helps keep my sanity and I feel nearer to my beloved Arillas untill I can actually be there. Mick.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 11:15:25 PM »
Dimitris, just let me know how to pay, when you want it and how much you want.
Due to having had to retire I spend just about every day on the forum just reading and looking around on the site, it helps keep my sanity and I feel nearer to my beloved Arillas untill I can actually be there. Mick.

Before we are all confused again I would like to say again what I have been trying to say on my previous posts...
I do not wish to deal with  money that come from forum members or other website visitors.
However, after a lot of EGGY and OUZO pressure I accepted the money that was collected from the cd's from the Arillas Song.

FROM NOW ON, we have to arrange  a way how anyone who wants to donate how to deal with that.
(If you read my previous posts you will see what I mean.)

About the weather station I will find out some info and post a separate message,

Yammas

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 03:03:58 PM »
Hi all.

How about getting some Arillas Badges made that could be bought in Arillas that would advertise the website and like what was mentioned a while ago, could be used to let forum members know who other forum members are!!? The money raised by the sale of the badges can all go to website fund.

Us Forum members would have to pay for the manufacture of them and i have enquired about cost and the more you buy the cheaper they are, for example 100 badges would cost £169 (£1.69 each) + VAT. We could all cover the cost and then if we say 2 euro a badge all that money goes into the website fund?

Just a suggestion.

Paul

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 03:40:26 PM »
I think we should have a "Shoe Museum"
We all donate our used trainers and flipflops after 1 or 2 very hot weeks in Arillas.

Terry W could start us off.
(But I think we may have to get an airtight glass case for those!)

I would donate mine but, at the end of August 07, they were last seen seaking off towards Sidari and never returned.

( First Kirkby Terry, now Sidari - What is this world coming to? )

Dimitris is very happy just to allow us to donate the profits from the CD sales but I do know, from his reactions yesterday, that he is very appreciative of all the Forum offers to contribute.  Maybe time for us bite that ole bullet on this one and sort out what can be done about this weather station.
Suggestions anyone?
Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »

Thats a really good idea Paul, especially considering how uncomfortable Dimitris feels about accepting 'direct' donations.  This way everybody gains...the purchaser a badge/cd or whatever and Arillas a weather station.

You have inspired me and I've been wracking my brain here for other ideas.  Maybe this is a useless one but I'm willing to try...is there any way a bulk buy of bottled Olive oil or Local wine could be purchased, then labeled with a something appropriate to the Arillas or fund?  There surely would be a good number of visitors who would be happy to buy the items even without knowledge of this website or the good cause involved. Personally I'm always on the look out for locally produced items and goods to take home as gifts and I think I've exhausted them all by now!

A bottle of wine is always included in the welcome pack I provide free for my guests, I would also be willing to add a bottle of Olive Oil to the pack.  It would be lovely if these items were not only made that wee bit more special for our guests but would also help our weather station fund.

I'd be willing to spend time labelling when I'm over in May! LOl...I'd have to sample the wine first....of course!!!

Eileenx

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »
Im Sure Eggy could get the Cocunut and a few other places stocking the badges on the bar etc to maximise the amount of people the badges are seen by?

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
I think we should have a "Shoe Museum"
We all donate our used trainers and flipflops after 1 or 2 very hot weeks in Arillas.

That would be useless Eggy, not one Sole would visit it except or maybe  a few old Crocs could be the exception.

TerryW

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
Terry
I shall heel, sorry heed your words on this and quietly vanish back into my cupboard.
Negg

Booking.com